Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Million Dollar Question?

So I could use some advise. I have 4 points, my dad 2, giving us an avg of 3 PP. I want to put in with him as a party for antelope. I was thinking of putting in for these units, 93 then 90 and 66 for my 3rd choice. I really want to hunt with dad and I want to kill a good goat. Unit 66 has a large ranch we can hunt with goats, but it is just one ranch.

would it be better to put in seperately?

Recommend different units?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts
    IMO you should keep banking points for your trophy hunt some day and draw an easy area to hunt with your dad now. Put in for an area like 61 as a first choice, and then a guaranteed draw for second choice. If you don't draw your 61 tag, you keep your points and you still get to hunt with him on your 2nd choice tag. There are great antelope in every area of Wyoming so you still have a chance at a "good goat" with your 2nd choice tag. Send me a PM if you want advice on the 2nd choice area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antelope 4.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	8658

This is my antelope from last year taken on a second choice tag. It was on public land, on opening morning. There wasn't another hunter on the piece I was hunting. I could have had opportunities at several other bucks if I wanted to be picky. My goal was to have a good time with my son.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilltop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    With the list of units you have given, you will only have a chance to draw your first choice. Only hunts that have leftover tags after the first round of the draw will you have any chance to draw as a second choice.

If you would hang around and introduce yourself in the new members section.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the tip on the intro.