Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    I am not hunting in Colorado, pref pts only this year. I leave for calif next week for a wilderness deer hunt with my family. We will be packing in to the same camp we have every year since 1946. My Dad passed away last fall and we are taking his ashes up to his favorite spot on the mountain. Be 10 of us, all family for a week.

Then I am probably going to Texas in Dec for hogs. I am alos in the process of booking a guided hunt here in colorado for next year. Was going this year, but the outfitter selling business and not too sure about the new owners. It would have been a second season OTC tag.
    That is awesome CC, have fun with your family. Great way to honor your Dad. Good luck & be safe.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    BKC you are going to have the time of your life! Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    I am not hunting in Colorado, pref pts only this year. I leave for calif next week for a wilderness deer hunt with my family. We will be packing in to the same camp we have every year since 1946. My Dad passed away last fall and we are taking his ashes up to his favorite spot on the mountain. Be 10 of us, all family for a week.

Then I am probably going to Texas in Dec for hogs. I am alos in the process of booking a guided hunt here in colorado for next year. Was going this year, but the outfitter selling business and not too sure about the new owners. It would have been a second season OTC tag.
    Good luck in CA. You are lucky to have such a wonderful tradition. What a great resting place for your father. I enjoyed looking at some of the "old hunting pics" you posted from CA.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    I couldn't be happier for the rain and the almost 20 degree cooldown we have had had. I leave tomorrow morning for my unit 201 m/l hunt. I have enough gear packed for the full 9 days in the field if that is what it takes.
    Never been to 201. Can't wait to hear about it. Good luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good luck to everyone hunting Colorado and stay dry. Hopefully next time I am on here I have a big buck at the taxidermist.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm stuck and I can't get out!.. Poudre canyon (Hwy 14) is closed from Teds Place to Walden, but for me to get to North Park if I could get to Laramie WY then I can come south to Walden. However, all bridges in Fort Collins across the Poudre are closed as well as I-25 closed northbound to the WY border. Since I am on the south side of Fort Collins I can't go north to get on to 287 to Laramie. And now the forecast is calling for several more inches of rain Saturday night into Sunday morning, so if they do open the roads tomorrow morning I may not get back on Sunday. My plans to be hunting tomorrow morning for opening day of Muzzleloader season will have to wait until ???.. It sucks when you can't get there from here...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    From what I'm seeing on the weather channel, a lot of folks are having a tough time in Co right now. Good luck to all and stay safe!