Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

vortex razor hd spotter

Hi I live in Ephrata Washington. Wide open spaces. I need really good optics. I read last months article on the vortex razor spotter, the one with the results from field tests, the 15-45x65 is the one I am looking at purchasing, but it's a little out of my price range. I have been looking at the viper in similar size as an alternative. Would you recommend this spotter, or should I just save a bit more and go with the razor?

Thanks
    Buy once, cry once. Viper is a great spotter. But if you have the taste for a razor I would hold out until your ready for the higher price point scope. I sent you a p.m as well. Give me a shout. We can work something out to get a 65 razor in your hands by your hunt dates!

Thanks
    Oh, and welcome to ehf!

Thanks
    I have the 85 mm Razor and Really am happy with it so far on limited use. I was able to watch some whitetails around 3/4 of a mile away this weekend and was really pleased with the clarity and magnification I had. Very easy focus and zoom as well. My brother has a Swarovski spotter, and while I have not had the two side by side yet, I think the quality of glass is very similar.

Thanks
    Vortex makes great optics. I'm a firm believer in them. I've had the "nicer" glass but after trying them in the past I switched. Every optic I have now is vortex. Heluva product an a amazing lifetime warranty. You can't go wrong.

Thanks
    I've used nothing but Swarovski optics for the past 20 years, but a couple years ago finances were tight so I decided to give a Razor a try. I have been very happy with it. I'd wait until you can afford the Razor. The warrant is amazing.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Talk with elknut. I recently was going to get a Viper spotter but after talking with Paul I decided to go for the 11-33X50 Razor. I really really like this scope. I'm from E. WA too (Prosser) so know the country you're talking about. A bigger spotter would be nice no doubt. My budget dictated what I could do and I opted for the 50mm Razor over the 65MM Viper. The future may see me with a bigger spotter but this little guy provides crisp view throughout the 11-33 range and I find that's likely sufficient for me.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Get the Razor! I just got the 65 from Hardstalk and it is amazing! Hold out for the Razor. I had the viper and didn't care for it. That scope doesn't have the clearity like the Razor.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    I have a 65mm angled version and couldn't be happier with it. Glass is extremely clear and the dual focus/fine focus knob is very nice. Wait out for a Razor HD

Thanks
    I have the leupold gold ring spotter and is nice and compact but when I zoom in all the it sure seems blurry to me and I would like to up grade to the razor and how is it at max magnification?