Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Vanguard Alta 264

Just ordered this tripod today, and a window mount that is supposed to have an interchangeable quick shoe. Does anyone have experience with this tripod? Favorable/Unfavorable? I will be mostly hunting in areas where I will not be backpacking in several miles so a bit of extra weight is not an issue (Oklahoma/Kansas/Texas plains for the most part).

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice solid legs and a neck. I have found it is easy to move around and find what you are looking for. Window mount has the same head as the tripod so it will work the same.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have this tripod and really like it. I have used it with my 85 mm zeiss spotting scope at the range but not in the field hunting yet. I am using it in 2 weeks on my mule deer hunt that like you will not require too much hiking so the weight does not bother me. I have the window mount too and really like being able to go between the two quickly. One other thing I am doing is using it as a shooting stick like bog pod. You can remove the three set screw beneath the head and then easily unscrew the head and screw on this yoke for shooting. http://www.vanguardworld.com/index.p...-266-1004.html I have been using it at the range and it works great from standing to sitting position and is really steady. I will let you know how the trip goes and my thoughts in use.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by gtbc82 View Post
    I have this tripod and really like it. I have used it with my 85 mm zeiss spotting scope at the range but not in the field hunting yet. I am using it in 2 weeks on my mule deer hunt that like you will not require too much hiking so the weight does not bother me. I have the window mount too and really like being able to go between the two quickly. One other thing I am doing is using it as a shooting stick like bog pod. You can remove the three set screw beneath the head and then easily unscrew the head and screw on this yoke for shooting. http://www.vanguardworld.com/index.p...-266-1004.html I have been using it at the range and it works great from standing to sitting position and is really steady. I will let you know how the trip goes and my thoughts in use.
    The tripod worked great for both my spotting scope as well as shooting sticks. It was great for taking on a stalk and was plenty compact and light. I shot my mule deer off my pack but my dad shot his from sitting with the yoke attached. It was rock steady and he made a good shot from 320 yards with it. I am very pleased and would recommend it.