Thread: Gila Outfitters

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gila Outfitters

Looking into a Gila bull elk hunt for 2015 and want to do a drop camp for 2 archers. Any recommendations for outfitters is appreciated.

Eric

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I would seriously recommend Antler Addiction Outfitters (AAO). Richard Baca is the owner and he is a great guy. I've never hunted with him because I'm a 100% DIY public land guy but I know him and he kills giant bulls every year. He does guiding and drop camps. Look up antler addiction outfitters on facebook and you can contact him there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had an encounter with Beaverhead but no to this extent. I would probably go with somebody else.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=500769

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hunted with H and A outfitters in 2012 unit 16a first season. I felt that the hunt could of been much better if Andy (the owner and our guide) would of put more effort into the hunt. First off we never got more than a 1/2 mile from the road he mentioned a couple times a trophy bull is one you drive to meaning when it was down you didnt need to pack out. one evening he had taken us in on an evening hunt 4 people on a 4 wheeler to a dry water hole so we all sat together about 100yds from the dry hole while he was on the phone all night. We did kill a 300 bull the last morning hunt and the first morning I was 85yds from a very nice 350 bull but that is to far for me with a bow.There were 2 other hunters in camp they were guided by Greg they had a better hunt because the effort greg put forth they always left camp before us and came back after us. Ive always heard dont guide the guide so i let him do what he wanted ie. when we left came back how we hunted ect. I personnally would not use him again he did not do much more than give us a good camp with food. In his defense he trying to teach his 15yo son the ins and outs of guideing but I wasnt real happy that he was learning on my expense.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    http://www.huntinginnewmexico.com/

San Fransico River Outfitters
    We did a deer hunt in the Gila with these guys. Classy operation! And boy did we see some big bulls.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Don't mean to contradict you WB I hunted with Beaverhead this year for Jan mule deer with Jack Diamond. I had a very successful hunt and would go back again this year, but I have made plans for elk already.....but I still may go for the Jan mule deer hunt in 15.
    I would recommend him and he was highly recommended to me before I booked. I saw that article too. I guess if we see it on the internet it must be true?