Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's not the way I read it. You can still hunt on BLM from what I have read.
    Uncle Ted for President!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Uncle Ted for President!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lp2506 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Well, according to the BLM website all BLM lands are CLOSED to the public and outfitters with permits cannot operate! Looks like I'm screwed for Elk hunting next week (I hunt BLM) Unless those worthless S.O.B.'s in Washington do something very soon. I have my Grandson coming out for his first Elk hunt this year....Obama & Biden and the Democrats and the Republicans are all to blame.
    I dont see how they can close anything thats not behind a gate that would normally have someone at it or how they could possibly enforce it elsewhere. I doubt most people hunting BLM of forest service land have even thought it could be affected by the shutdown and some probably dont even know the gov is shut down. Alot of hunters were probably already camped on BLM ready for antelope to open on 10/1 and wont even hear about the shutdown untill after their hunt. Im sure no one that paid for a tag planning to hunt public land will be offered a refund. If no one is allowed to hunt on BLM it would kill 3/4 of all antelope hunting in WY this year since most seasons open 10/1 and antelope are hunted on BLM more then anything else.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As long as it is not controlled access like needing a permit or having to pay someone , you are fine. They have closed some lakes and boat ramps. One is Blue Mesa here in Colo. It has a new name Currecanti National something or other. Seriously, people can't fish?? I am wondering if we even need a government?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BleuBijou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    My special draw elk tag cost over a grand of hard earned money. I'm planning to either hunt or ask for a refund. Since the refund is extremely unlikely I figure I'll hunt. Might have to be a little more picky about what I shoot, the pack-out will be real rough if they close everything but the highway. I'd hope state employed game wardens would cut a guy some slack if he had the proper tag and was hunting the proper unit in the proper season no matter what the situation in DC is. Western states that rely on hunting as a large part of their economy will really be hit hard if they shut down hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by lp2506 View Post
    I did read it, and thanks. I also called Wyoming G&F main office in Cheyenne. I talked to a warden and he told me that BLM officials in Wyoming were NOT enforcing the closure mandate, except for campgrounds and other BLM improved/developed sites. However, then I got the "Don't quote me" statement. After reading that BLM page IP2506, I'm not going to fret about it anymore. I'm just going hunting on BLM (It is OUR land after all)!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Don't worry about! Just go have fun and shoot straight. If I can make it through the Blizzard tomorrow I will be hunting only BLM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BleuBijou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    To all guys with tags and nowhere to hunt I am sorry. Sucks pretty bad. I can't see you not getting your money and points back though. F&W you would think would do the right thing and refund you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I just returned from a trip into the NF and BLM lands near here. Only a couple of things were closed. A couple of blm/bur rec campgrounds that have full hookups were closed. All other roads and access were open. Can't see then putting barricades up and stopping entry. Roads that are to campgrounds and other DEVELOPED sites ....yes. If I had a tag to hunt, I'd go....period. I looked at the website and it pretty much says the same.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

Angry

Our country is so screwed up it's not even funny. I consider the BLM and other public ground ours and not the governments. I get tired of them screwing our lives up worse every year and we just take it. We let a few big cities make the decision who is going to run our country every 4 years, and who do you think all of these people on the welfare system are going to vote for. Not someone who will do anything about it, and now we have to pay for them to have cell phones to!!! In the last election I believe it took about 55 million votes to win and there are now like 41 million on welfare, so the future doesn't look to bright to me.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lookinforwater For This Useful Post: