Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Easy fix for this whole problem. Stop giving free money to people. Many of these programs put in place by our government over the years were meant to help people, not give them a loophole to not have to work.

Republican, Democrat or something in-between, who cares, fix the darn problem and do the right thing. This whole shutdown is over the ACA. Again another government program. Why not fix/address the programs out there before you bring another one into the mix.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Maybe if we stop helping the whole world we'd have plenty for the people here.

You're right. We need to get the freeloaders off the programs they don't deserve, but cutting the programs completely like the Tea Party wants to do is certainly not the answer. Lots of people are hurting, and need help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i have a brother in the national gaurd, another an officer in the army. my brother in the national gaurd works full time at a base maintaing vehicles. he was layed off due to this "shutdown" ordeal. pisses me off! hes been over seas in war, they pay him back by refusing him to work??? while those that arent willing to work continue to collect their monthly freebee checks, and im not saying this as a rascist statement so please do not take it that way....... are the native americans on the reservations still colecting their monthly freebee checks while our military personell goes without? im asking...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Washington better decide to give all the back pay to those not collecting pay now. I know that doesn't help when they have bills due now, but it will help some.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Republican house voted to fund the government, just not Obama care. Military needs to step up and move the Obamas from the White house this weekend. I don't think the Obamas are home.
    Our hiking trails are closed, our riding trails are closed, it has cost way more to close them than to leave them open.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not true. Only developed facilities on forest service and BLM lands are closed. Public lands are used for recreational, ranching, hunting, fishing and many other uses. Only facilities such as campgrounds, boat ramps and the like are closed.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JPerryE View Post
    Not true. Only developed facilities on forest service and BLM lands are closed. Public lands are used for recreational, ranching, hunting, fishing and many other uses. Only facilities such as campgrounds, boat ramps and the like are closed.
    Just like I said in my previous post. You are correct!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It's funny but come the next election you "sheep" will do the same thing that you've always done. Either vote for the same S.O.B. to return to office again to continue the same old bs**t or not vote at all. If you don't have the b***s to do anything about the scum in Washington then quit bitching!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Arkansas didn't get the word, they barricaded the entrance to exercise trails in town, so trkytrack2, you are right, only sheep would put up with something so stupid.
    When it comes to voting, I vote for the best candidate and never for re-electing anyone. I never voted for Algore, never for Obama either.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    we all know our votes dont mean crap in the presidential election, why we even have a vote for it is beyond me. its the house votes thats gets those power hungry animals in the big house. so your votes in the state that you live in for your states government is all the control we have when it comes to votes. side note, isnt it crazy that these guys spend millions on top of millions of dollars for a job that pays just over 100k? power hunger, it will b the end of this fine nation.