Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    we are hunting along the powder river b/w buffalo and Gillette. congrats on the 3 antelope and the mulie!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Musket, expecting 12" to 16" of snow in places, 20" to 30" in the WindRivers & Bighorns, and 4" to 12" over most of Wyoming. According to the Weather report on tonight's news. A blessing in some areas, and a curse in others. Getting around off-road will be interesting to say the least. The Elk will stand out though!
    Thanks! Ill be along the powder river. Snow or no snow Im heading out tomorrow

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looks like Buffalo and Gillette only got 1 inch or less lastnight and maybe 1 more tonight so shouldnt be as bad as I was expecting. Cant wait to get there

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Thanks! Ill be along the powder river. Snow or no snow Im heading out tomorrow
    Good luck Musket Man, and hunt and drive safely!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Don't know where you got your info Musket Man, but we got about a foot of snow in Gillette yesterday. Interstate was closed, schools were closed, no travel anywhere. I spent most of today blowing snow. It was in the low 40's today and supposed to be nice for the next several days so a lot should melt but the roads will be a mess for a while.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    snow or no snow, my group leaves in a week! I just hope there are some deer still around for us. Cant wait to get out of WI and out into the wide open spaces of Wyo!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    hearing some conflicting reports on the weather next week.................weather.com had a 4-8" snow storm blowing in now, that is just changed to snow showers on mon and tues. and accuweather.com has just rain on mon and tues.

any info?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by robsev View Post
    Don't know where you got your info Musket Man, but we got about a foot of snow in Gillette yesterday. Interstate was closed, schools were closed, no travel anywhere. I spent most of today blowing snow. It was in the low 40's today and supposed to be nice for the next several days so a lot should melt but the roads will be a mess for a while.
    That was what was on national weather service site. I just got back from there and herd everything you said. It was mostly melted when I got there on sunday and really muddy. The most snow I saw was WY/MT border on 90 and around sundance. Dakotas got it bad too. Even killed alot of cows in SD and a few in ND. Went to visit friends in ND and spent 1/2 a day cutting tree branches the snow broke.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ilovethewest, we are suppose to get some rain/snow mix sunday night thru Tuesday morning. The higher the elevation the more snow we will get. Your hunt area should see mostly rain. The hills are suppose to get up to 5 inches of snow. We are getting hammered with rain right now which is good. Maybe it will melt the 4 feet of snow in my hunt area. Can't get anywhere up there to hunt elk, which are all on lower private land right now. Finally drew a bull tag and probably won't be able to hunt rifle because I won't be able to get into my hunt area and the elk will be wintering on private land that no one can hunt on!!! What luck huh?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    that stinks on the snow. Maybe there will be an elk or 2 still around for you come the general rifle opener. That's the 15th, right? I was hoping for an 1" or 2 of snow......a little snow cover is nice for hunting.
    gotta clean up the house and get all the honey-do list done sunday to keep the wife happy..........doing a family day visit apple orchards/corn maze fun stuff today, then Monday after my overnight work shift it is off to Wyoming! Hoping to be on the road by 8am central. 13 hrs later we should be at our spot! cant wait!