Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    When all you have is a rock.......throw it!! That is pretty close. seems like all these bigger predators keep getting braver all the time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll tell you I probably could have got my bow but I really wanted to keep watching him. I still can't believe he got so close before I heard him. I need to upload the video after it happened so you can get a feel for how close he got. I must have smelled good after the third day!!
    Last edited by 25contender; 10-03-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I guess I need to start practicing my rock throwing before I go huntiing. Lol. That sounds just like a thread that was on here a couple of weeks ago. I had something make a really weird kind of hiss or growl once in Idaho that I had walked up on and startled. I wAs walking down a dirt pack trail really fast and wasn't making hardly any noise And got within a few yards of it in some brush, I don't know what it was but I backed up and circled out away from it. How did the rest of your hunt go?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The rest of the hunt went great stayed out for 4 days came back in for some food and move the camp. Headed right back in for nine more days. Chased two nice bulls and drew on really nice 6by four times but he never gave me a acceptable shot. Drew on his buddy while he was dogging a cow and couldn't get him to stop. Passed on a few smaller bulls and a few cows. Very good trip but my camp was at 8500ft and the nicer bulls were still another 700-800 feet higher in elevation. I did some serious climbing for almost two weeks but still consider it a pretty successful hunt even though I didn't connect. Cant wait to get back after them.

Quote Originally Posted by lookinforwater View Post
    I guess I need to start practicing my rock throwing before I go huntiing. Lol. That sounds just like a thread that was on here a couple of weeks ago. I had something make a really weird kind of hiss or growl once in Idaho that I had walked up on and startled. I wAs walking down a dirt pack trail really fast and wasn't making hardly any noise And got within a few yards of it in some brush, I don't know what it was but I backed up and circled out away from it. How did the rest of your hunt go?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    Holy crap! Too many stories like this this year, keeps reaffirming my fear and the fact that not being able to carry while bow hunting in NV sucks! Bear spray for me next year, you guys have me paranoid now. Glad to hear everything turned out ok.
    I carry regardless of the Nv law! For reasons just like this. I never really feel alone in the woods solo.

Thats crazy! 3rd or 4th story I've heard this year about close cat calls. What really scares me is that each cat got away unscaved. Meaning their now smarter... And still hungry.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I believe there have been lots of rocks thrown at animals. Neat event in your life.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    neat story. You never know when your being the hunted. I have seen two while up in a tree and even then it messed with me pretty bad for the next few days.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Holy Crap that is crazy!