Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stabilizers

Thanks
    Thanks everyone for you feedback. Greatly apprciated.

Thanks
    I like the B-Stinger 12" with the 11 oz disc on my Alphamax 32. On my 2011 Element I have a 10" blade with and extra 3 ounces up front. It really stablizes my bow very well and I'm get really good groups at 70yds 3" to 4" or better.

Thanks
    how does that Element shoot, I have a '10 model maxxis and think my next bow should be the element. I would have got a matrix but i wasn't sold on the axle length, since I'm not a super tall guy anyway

Thanks
    I love my Fuse Sidekick stabilizer. I have the '10 model...so it is not the Blade version. Really helps with offsetting the weight of a quiver and sight. If your bow balances well, you will shoot better in my opinion.

Thanks
    I like the sims modular stabilizer. Comes as three pieces you can screw together to get the right balance and vibration control. No moving parts, no set screws, nothing to go wrong.
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Thanks

the shakedown on stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    I like the sims modular stabilizer. Comes as three pieces you can screw together to get the right balance and vibration control. No moving parts, no set screws, nothing to go wrong.
    I shoot the same setup on my Limbsaver Proton and it is perfect. Just the right amount of weight out front (7.64 ounces), it eats bow vibration, and it's short enough (5.4" w/o the "enhancer") to not snag on everything in the woods.

My old Hoyt Alphamax was right at home with Fuse gear (6" stabilizer for hunting, 10" for 3-D shooting), but they seemed to lack the weight toward the end that feels just right. Regardless, they're still a nice addition to any bow.

Thanks
    Stabilizers matter more with older bows with a lot of forward recoil. Paralell limbs recoil up and down and shoot dead in the hand, so it's a lot easier to properly hold the bow (you're not worrying about dropping the bow or getting slammed in the back of the hand by the overdraw when you release). There's less torque on the bow when your bow hand is in proper position and relaxed. That being said, I put a small sims stabilizer on my Maxxis 31 just to help balance the bow in my hand. The stabilizer will mute small errors you have in your grip form, but it is not necessary on newer bows when your shooting form is perfect.

Thanks
    B-stinger here. Accuracy has improved greatly with shoots over 30yds. Got to the point last year shooting with it that I was cutting vanes at 50yds with my slick tricks. When I take it off my pins dance all over the place. I will take all the help I can get! I have seen a huge improvement in my groups when I took off my limbsaver and put on the B-stinger.
    "Release the Kraken"
    Genesis 27:3

Thanks
    10.5" Doinker Carbon 3D Field stabilizer is what I use on my hunting bow.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.