Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts

What a culture shock!

Scouted several times pre-bow season once during bow season and once this weekend. My how things change come rifle season! Not a single buck in 2 days of pretty hard glassing but 4 wheelers, rhinos, jeeps and toyotas galore. I guess ive been spoiled archery and muzzy hunting the past couple seasons. I think ill be hanging up the rifle for good after this season. It reminded me of a dune trip. I setup on a tall spot about a mile from the road and started glassing pre sunrise this morning. Once the sun came up the atvs came a blazin! I stopped and talk to a few guys on quads as I was leaving at about 10:30 this am once I was content the bucks are officially on lock down. both quad drivers were sippin their keystone lights talking about the bucks they saw the night before. Poor deer don't stand a chance with all that traffic.

Ok rant over.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    You better believe it!!! That's why I love archery. I usually see maybe 1 or 2 hunters on the road. I get to chose from all the bucks, they aren't spooky and kinda easy to get on. I only hunt archery since I don't have anymore junior tags. Just so much nicer, especially weather wise.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

4. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetfvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    thats what i love about idaho going with restrictions on motorized vehicles and closing trails. we still have those idiots going around the blocks put inplace but i take pride in jotting down plate numbers and getting a nice kick back from forest service and blm for doing so.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    You better believe it!!! That's why I love archery. I usually see maybe 1 or 2 hunters on the road. I get to chose from all the bucks, they aren't spooky and kinda easy to get on. I only hunt archery since I don't have anymore junior tags. Just so much nicer, especially weather wise.

Also, when you do bump into someone they dont shun you like your competition. I understand where there coming from but archery is a different mentality I suppose. I met a forum member in one of his home town spots on accident while archery hunting and he invited me to crash at camp with him and he would show me the ropes! (First archery hunt) regardless, its a different world.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    thats what i love about idaho going with restrictions on motorized vehicles and closing trails. we still have those idiots going around the blocks put inplace but i take pride in jotting down plate numbers and getting a nice kick back from forest service and blm for doing so.
    The biggest downside to the unit im hunting is the access(too much). I hiked in a couple times and whenever you glass you can find a road. Getting away from people in this particular unit is going to be very difficult.

Thanks
    Congratulations

What a culture shock!

Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Also, when you do bump into someone they dont shun you like your competition. I understand where there coming from but archery is a different mentality I suppose. I met a forum member in one of his home town spots on accident while archery hunting and he invited me to crash at camp with him and he would show me the ropes! (First archery hunt) regardless, its a different world.
    Depends, I ran into a guy when I was hauling my buck off the mountain. But it was a coupe miles from when I killed him. He wanted me to tell him where I killed him but I couldn't. It's a secret spot. I told him where I saw a couple other bucks but no way am I giving up my secret hole. But the mentality is different. But I never give up the "spot" I hunt.

I only tell a select few of people where I hunt in the unit.

2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    I know exactly what you guys are talking about, I hunted all archery and muzzy season in area 17,saw a total of 4 other hunters and no one far from the road and bucks every where. I hunted this weekend and saw 1 buck,none of the big bucks I had scouted, and hunters every where!
    2010 Mathews Reezen 7.0 70# draw
    G5 optik sight
    Tru Fire Hardcore
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunters

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NVbowhnter View Post
    I know exactly what you guys are talking about, I hunted all archery and muzzy season in area 17,saw a total of 4 other hunters and no one far from the road and bucks every where. I hunted this weekend and saw 1 buck,none of the big bucks I had scouted, and hunters every where!
    Glad I wasnt alone! Hoping things change by the 17th!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    hey velvet... where did you shoot that buck?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    hey velvet... where did you shoot that buck?
    In NV, in the high country where big bucks live! Lol