Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gov shutdown

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As a Federal Gov worker it really pisses me off when people have to bash on me. Why do you hate me because I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps fighting for your freedoms? That's the only reason I have this job. I got it on A Veterans Recruitment Appointment. Now I ship ammo to all military around the world that are still fighting for you. I can assure you I am not overpaid not even close and I do work a full 40 Hrs a week just as hard or harder then most of you.

Luckily my work is funded by different funds then what is affecting everyone else right now and I am still working. I did however get furloughed not even a month ago and guess what I didn't get back pay for it.

It's a shame that there is actually people out there that say we should be furloughed because were over payed and don't work. I guess I am glad to say that I have never or will ever wish that upon anyone. I hope that karma doesn't get you.
    Last edited by jarheadhunter; 10-09-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jarheadhunter View Post
    As a Federal Gov worker it really pisses me off when people have to bash on me. Why do you hate me because I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps fighting for your freedoms? That's the only reason I have this job. I got it on A Veterans Recruitment Appointment. Now I ship ammo to all military around the world that are still fighting for you. I can assure you I am not overpaid not even close and I do work a full 40 Hrs a week just as hard or harder then most of you.

Luckily my work is funded by different funds then what is affecting everyone else right now and I am still working. I did however get furloughed not even a month ago and guess what I didn't get back pay for it.

It's a shame that there is actually people out there that say we should be furloughed because were over payed and don't work. I guess I am glad to say that I have never or will ever wish that upon anyone. I hope that karma doesn't get you.
    I don't think there is a man or woman on this forum who disregards the work ethic of any vet and or current serviceman. I believe each and every one of us appreciate any blood sweat or tears given for this country. Private or public funds aside sacrifice is sacrifice and always thanked before serving dinner at my house.

Jhh I hope none of this thread insinuates what you feel.

This thread has been insanely steered off course and I apologize for having a hand in it. And an apology is needed for the o.p as well.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I dont have issues with those that actually work for a living. I have issues with politicians. They are not being affected by their own choices. POTUS and Co going to a sandwich shop because the chef was gone is not being affected.

Politicians get paid to make decisions. We voted them in to do that. So they do. They voted in the pay cuts, the budget cuts, the IDEA that we should do something about spending money we dont have. They set the date, set the limits, decided how much was too much, and gave themselves a little more time to eat the cake they baked.

Then the cake ran out, the whiskey dried up, the band went home......just like it was voted on to do.....and the fat slobs are crying over the lack of a party while the rest of us are looking at them like idiots. For when we throw a party and its out of food, we go without......GoD forbid our politicians dont get their oxfords shined because the servants are furloughed.

Our country is flat busted broke. We have no money, only debt. A hole does not fill in if your in it with a bigger shovel.
    If you know that shooting your buddy in the right shoulder will harm him, then do you instead shoot him in the left one and claim how much good you did for him with the change in plans?

This is precisely what the politicians are doing with our healthcare reform, and our budget cuts. Yes healthcare needs reform. Doing something in a rush that is not well formed is not helping....even though they stand on a box and say.." Look! See! We have fixed it as the left shoulder bleeds out.
    Cutting spending on federal parks while paying to blockade them....left shoulder again....
    cutting spending on military while paying to research useless crap....left shoulder and maybe a nut too.

We ran out boys....time to put on the shit kickers and shovel our own. But....hey they are poloticians.....somebody please find the shoe polish....they stepped in some poo!

Like i stated above. A joke.
    I hunt because......

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wolftalonID For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree with you that this country has a problem. I worry for my Federal Gov job everyday because of it. Hardstalk you seem like a good guy and that wasn't really directed towards you just anyone that fits the bill. I am a little on the defensive because I have had people tell me to my face that they were happy I was furloughed because I don't work and am over paid. WolftalonID I agree with you completely.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jarheadhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jarheadhunter View Post
    I agree with you that this country has a problem. I worry for my Federal Gov job everyday because of it. Hardstalk you seem like a good guy and that wasn't really directed towards you just anyone that fits the bill. I am a little on the defensive because I have had people tell me to my face that they were happy I was furloughed because I don't work and am over paid. WolftalonID I agree with you completely.
    Same experience. Most of the guys in the office here are vets, I think thats pretty much across the board.

We are at work today, but wont be paid until the bozo's work it out.

I've had several contractors, who have performed work for the Govt, and gave a good job for fair price, asking when we could close out and get things going to acct for payment. Explained to them that we cant pay until we recieve funds from Congress. One contractor says he's got a large amount of money tied up in the job, and needs payment to make payments back out and pay his guys. Govt employees aren't the only one affected by this, it spreads out in a lot of directions. And none of it impacts the boneheads playing their games. I'd like to see a new law, that bars members of congress, the executive branch, from being paid until they fullfill their constitutional duties. And make it retroactive. That would mean all of them would owe US....what 6 years of backpay. I bet things would change.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dallen0427 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Is this the Mule Deer Forum?
    Uncle Ted for President!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lp2506 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    No....mule deer are banned until the shutdown allows them! Lol sorry.
    I hunt because......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wolftalonID For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    No....mule deer are banned until the shutdown allows them! Lol sorry.
    Mulies are all dead beats anyways. I'm glad they are banned!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dallen0427 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    LoL!!!!!!!
    Uncle Ted for President!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lp2506 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I like what I read here, sounds like a lot of us thing alike.

I do have sympathy for those the government shutdown is affecting and agree that it is an unnecessary hardship on those who are doing an honest days work for an honest days pay. Also for any vet or other person who was working hard until circumstances made them unable to do so. I have absolutely NO problem with helping to support anyone unable to support themselves, that has made an effort and had the desire to do so in the past. At the same time I don't believe in a lot of government programs that use our dollars to support those who make no effort to support themselves without them having to serve the country in some fashion.

The battle being fought with the shut-down and debt limit is definitely being made more painful than necessary by members on both sides of the aisle. Fact is that the battle should have been fought long ago before we got to this level of debt and the condition the country is in now. That would have required it be fought by leaders not those just wanting to kick the can further down the road and get re-elected. While I'm on my soapbox I will throw two ideas out before stepping off that I think are vital to the future of the country. Both are simple and make sense I think.

Constitutional amendments for:

Term limits. Career politicians are much of the problem. It does not serve their interest to hash out hard issues or make tough decisions, just stay in office and kick the can. Take a lifetime of politics and the backscratching needed to get re-elected off the table and it simplifies the process of making the right decision for the country. Even being on local boards you see people come in with fresh ideas and re-vitalize the board. I saw it myself when a new member came in during the last year of my term and we pulled off an event I'd never of dreamed of. I was burned out and beat down, his fresh perspective improved things. Everyone has a limited amount of fresh ideas to contribute, put them out there and vote then get out of the way of progress. 8yrs is plenty for everyone in office this country was founded on people who had real world experience not lifetime politicians.

Balanced budget. Borrowing more than we take in is stupid and unsustainable in the long run. The first idea I threw out would help take care of this problem I think, less promises of finances or results to get re-elected. Our debt is excessive as it is, and not being able to even balance the budget let alone repay any of it is stupid and the rest of the world sees us acting this way. It helps nobody, we waste plenty of money that could be re-allocated where it is needed.

Heard the guy that had been run off for mowing the grass at memorials without permission on the news tonight. He had an awesome quote that I will screw up here, but the gist of it was that politicians in DC need to have their limos stay home and be picked up on a bunch of short yellow buses. Pretty good idea.