Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gov shutdown

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Hey MM...I'm not that damn old. I'l be 72 at the end of the month and just because I remember Ike and Truman don't make me ancient!!! At least I won't have as long to pay into the national debt as you guys....HA HA!

Come out cowboy shooting sometime and I'll show you how quick an old fart can shoot and move...Yee Haw.
    You tell him CC! You & Pete (OH) are my mentors on this forum!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eberle View Post
    You tell him CC! You & Pete (OH) are my mentors on this forum!
    I wrote that with my mouth wide open so I could breath better....had to run across the room to get the phone
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Seems to me our GDP would be going down steadily as more and more things are made over seas. It would explain why our debt is going up though. This system keeps getting worse the more I know about it. I herd somewhere our national debt used to be mostly in this country so the interest was staying here atleast but now it has shifted to being more in other countries so they are getting the interest and thats really hurting us.

WOW! CC you must have a big house! LOL

Thanks
    Yes...They (politicians) are in a race to see who can make the U.S. be owned by China the fastest. Right now Obama and his gang are proving just how easy they can spend our money while too many in the GOP are trying to coax them into taking baby steps when they need to go "cold turkey" A 3rd party is gaining steam I feel, CLEAN HOUSE.

Thanks
    I think they are selling us out to China too. China gonna have a hell of a fight on its hands when they come try to claim it if they ever think they own this country!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I think they are selling us out to China too. China gonna have a hell of a fight on its hands when they come try to claim it if they ever think they own this country!
    The Chinese are smart, they know they don't need to come and claim anything.

All they need to do is establish themselves as the economic top dog of the world. Then they have the collar on us, then all they need to do is choke us for a bit just to get the point across that they can do it and show that they control the leash.

After that, everybody plays by their rules.

Right in line with what Lenin said - "The capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them."

The people in this country who put the economy before everything else are playing right into their hands. I don't think they're doing it deliberately, I just think that they're too greedy to see it and too arrogant to believe that it can happen to them.
    Last edited by JMSZ; 10-17-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    The really sad thing is that our country does not have a budget to run the government. Hasn't had one for 5 years. The way they do business is I get what I had last year PLUS a 10% growth factor. Absolute madness!

I was a department head and a Director of 3 departments in my other life. Our annual budget process was what is called a Zero Based Budget or as we called it "bottoms up" budgeting. We started each yearly budget process with zero money and then justified every dollar of annual budget. Every bit of growth from the previous year's budget had to be justified. It started out as a government mandate on budget justification for contractors many years ago.....too bad they don't the same themselves.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    They say it's over now. But I dout it did anything but make someone lots of money. I hope they pay the people that where forced to not work or work with out pay it isn't their fault and they should be paid for the time off.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    I agree CC, about the budget. I don't see China in the same way others do. I tried to have things manufactured in the U.S. to no avail. Even trying to use non union labor was not competitive. I have visited China once for 20 days. I kinda like their way of doing business, they spend about 2 trillion less per year on government regulations than the US. You have much more freedom in China than the US. For example, in China, if you have an auto accident, its your fault. That works for me.
    I built my own tire molds and they are still in use, some of my products I built are sold around the world, but not in the US. The US is a hard place to do business. There is still opportunity here in the US.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    The really sad thing is that our country does not have a budget to run the government. Hasn't had one for 5 years. The way they do business is I get what I had last year PLUS a 10% growth factor. Absolute madness!

I was a department head and a Director of 3 departments in my other life. Our annual budget process was what is called a Zero Based Budget or as we called it "bottoms up" budgeting. We started each yearly budget process with zero money and then justified every dollar of annual budget. Every bit of growth from the previous year's budget had to be justified. It started out as a government mandate on budget justification for contractors many years ago.....too bad they don't the same themselves.

I don't know if they do the zero-based-budget here - from what I gather from friends who are privy to what goes on at the upper levels is that it's more like throwing a cow into a pack of hyenas, everybody's fighting to get a scrap.

In this case, you need to out-BS the next guy to get your scrap.

The thing that irks me about a lot of this is when I listen to the politicians and talking heads talking about taxes, like people having to justify why the Bush tax cuts shouldn't be allowed to expire, as if it's some gift to us.

It supposed to be the other way around, they should be having to justify each and every bit of extra taxes that they want, every tax should have an expiration date and if they want to keep collecting the tax, they should be the ones having to justify why.

I've watched C-Span and listened to some politician talk about some grand plan of his and how he wants to spend $300,000,000 on it, like he's about to spend $20 at Wal-Mart. No justification of why the taxpayers should be paying for it, no explanation of where the money is going to come from and no explanation of how long the money is going to keep flowing.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site