Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gov shutdown

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
    I agree CC, about the budget. I don't see China in the same way others do. I tried to have things manufactured in the U.S. to no avail. Even trying to use non union labor was not competitive. I have visited China once for 20 days. I kinda like their way of doing business, they spend about 2 trillion less per year on government regulations than the US. You have much more freedom in China than the US. For example, in China, if you have an auto accident, its your fault. That works for me.
    I built my own tire molds and they are still in use, some of my products I built are sold around the world, but not in the US. The US is a hard place to do business. There is still opportunity here in the US.
    This is the problem as I see it. This country has done everything it can to practically run businesses out of this country with regulations. I can see having things made in another country from a business standpoint and I dont blame companies for having their products made in other countries at all. But I think now its to the point where its too out of balance and tomany things are made in other countries and its really hurting this country.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have never been as pessimistic as I am right now about the future of our country. The shut-down/debt ceiling ended with no effect on spending. Obamacare is implemented which is nothing more than another entitlement program for people not supporting themselves, and tax on everyone else. An average 27yr old in my state is expected to have their health care cost rise by 174%. Janet Yellen is the new head of the Fed and is on record saying how the answer to everything is printing more money. Each working American would have to pay $123,000 or something close to that I read to pay our debt now and we will have to raise the debt ceiling again soon. At what point do we miss the last exit to turn the country around, just have to ride the road out until it ends?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im with you mc. Im not sure we can survive 3 more years of this. I think the last 5 years they have thrown alot of money at alot of things that makes the economy seem better but I worry its a false sense of security and its all going to come crashing down on us. They keep printing and borrowing money but its not worth anything now days. 10 years ago $100 would get you quite a ways, now you can hardly get to town and back on it. From what I have read obamacare is a giant train wreck thats already happening. Im not really effected by it because I have the VA but I have signed every petition I count find against it. In alot of ways I thought the best things have been in recent years was when the economy crashed a few years ago and fuel was around $1.50 a gallon. IMO the fuel prices are the biggest thing thats hurting the economy and driving the price of everything up. If fuel was under $2.00 it would help things more then anything else could.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ironically working on the ranch my cash income is low enough that I could be subsidized by Obamacare if I chose to and reduce my health care cost. My premiums and coverage wouldn't be as good though. The ranch provides my housing and utilities so my cash income reflects that. I don't feel it would be right for me to make others pay to subsidize me in any case.

Fuel costs definitely affect everything, it all has to be transported to market and petroleum products are used in so many items anymore.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think health insurance is all messed up now but I dont think obamacare is the answer and think it will make it worse for most. I mean the hospital puts a 25 cent bandage on you, charges the insurance 25 dollars, then insurance instead of being $50 a month is $500 a month. Atleast thats how I see it. Auto insurance too. Why should I have to pay insurance on 2 trucks 1 car and a motorcycle when obviously I can only drive 1 at a time. Here in WA it is basically illegal to have a vehicle thats not insured. I actually had to take the insurance reciepts for parts to insure my 65 Ford since I owned it for 5 months before I got it running and licensed and insured. Once you insure a vehicle you can suspend the insurance for 6 months, then you have to insure it for 1 month and you can suspend it for another 6. And if you take it completely off they say you cant put it back on. What a bunch of bull!
    I wouldnt even own a car if fuel were cheaper but with prices the way they are I dont even drive my truck anymore unless I have to haul something or pull a trailer. Im almost scared to start the Peterbilt these days! LOL

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post: