Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello to all, and an age old question....

New here to the forum, but have always liked the Eastmans show and web site....Seems the info here is about what works, not whats the shiniest......So, in the past i owned an alpha pair of bino's, and didn;t realize how good they were til i sold them, and replaced with a 250.00 pair.....Not that i can't see with the cheaper ones, but with the top level ones, it was honestly like i was just closer, not even looking through bino's,,,,,,,So i've decided to go back to owning one of the top three alpha binos....my question: I am buying either the Swarovski EL 12x50's , or the Leica HD 12x50's...I live in New Mexico, and 80% of the glassing is long range...500yds to a mile or so.... (reason for the 12x)..I can get the Leica's for $2399.00 and of course the Swarovski's run right at $2800.00.....I am not bothered by the difference, just wanting to hear if one is a better hunting bino, or is it just personal choice? Thanks, sorry for the long post....rsbhunter

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't think you could go wrong either way. I haven't personally compared the two. Most conversations about the big 3 optics companies on hunting forums seem to favor the Swaros. I personally prefer the Zeiss, everyone's eyes are different. I think Cameraland is still willing to send you both if you put a credit card down, let you compare them in your area side by side and return whichever doesn't win. Doug there worked with me really well on 8x56 and 10x42 demo model Zeiss, I'd give him a call.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    mcseal2, thanks for the reply....There are just so many options....i'm now rethinking my 12x choice, might go with either 10x50s or the standard 10x42s....use the spotter for anything more......probably go with the Swaro's...don't have a place within 200+ miles where i could compare them...maybe i will call Doug at cameraland, bought from him before.....wouldn't hurt to put them side by side...rsbhunter

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rsbhunter For This Useful Post: