Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eno

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eno

Have any of you ever used the eno system while hunting in the back country? If so how did you like it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I assume you are talking about the ENO Hammocks? I use one regularly while camping and i really like it. Its very lightweight, easy to setup, and very comfy! It can get a little chilly by itself i would recommend some type of insulation on cooler nights.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes that is what I'm talking about I just wonder how they would do in the back country. If you had a pad and zero degree bag.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think you would be fine. I sometimes use my sleeping bag in mine, it can be a little cumbersome in the hammock. They make whats called a underquill for them that is basically a down bag that wraps around the hammock, but they are a little pricey.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use one. I have a custom made down under quilt, made by kickass quilts. I also use a thermarest sleeping pad secured by the ENO wings. This along with a down sleeping bag allows me to sleep comfortable in the upper teens, I have not slept in anything colder yet.

Learn to sleep sideways or at an angle in your hammock, it feels a lot better to me.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I've really been interested in hammocks. Only problem is there's not to many trees where we deer hunt but I think its a great light weight option.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been getting into hammocks. I used a Kammok Roo this past summer. I am looking at enlightened equipment under and over quilts for solo trips this year, as I found a sleeping pad and bag to be a hassle in the hammock.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I tried a hammock for a few bow seasons and could never get past being chilly against the hammock itself. I tried different combinations and still was chilly. everything wants to compress between you and the hammock and of course no ground to help with insulation. They are great in warmer weather.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you are buying a hammock, go with a SoCo instead. I own both ENO and SoCo, and the hammock itself is basically identical - material, bomber stitching, etc. What makes the SoCo superior are the cinch buckles. ENO only use carabiners, and so you need straps with loops tied into them at intervals. With the SoCo you can slide the strap up and down the buckle to get the exact length you desire quickly and easily. It makes setup about 10x faster and easier.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have used the Eno several times. Used it one at about 0 degrees. with a 0 degree bag. Froze all night. I am taller so I have had issues with my knees and heals of my feet hurting after a while with the constant pressure of the hammock on them. The nice thing is it is small and light and I can set up a quick camp in any terrain as long as there are a few trees. I have set it up on really steep slopes or rocky ground and it was sweet in that way. Still experimenting with them though.