Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

String Peep Recommendations and Tips

I've been hunting big game for the past 20 years and have never used a peep on my string. In the last 5 i've tried a couple times in the spring but have always been frustrated how it restricts my vision down range so have always removed. I've mostly hunted for elk, have harvested some nice onces, but am going to primarily target mulies in the future. I expect this will require longer shots. Shooting with my friends that use peeps, they definitely are much more accurate the further out you get.

I plan on getting my bow re-setup and shooting in the garage this winter to get used to a peep. What peep and size would you recommend? Would you recommend lining up the sight ring with the peep or center the pin with the peep? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Get one just big enough to encircle the entire sight, that makes consistent centering easier. A bigger peep will also let more light into your eye. I would also recommend using a peep without the rubber alignment tube, it's just one more thing to fail when you're out in the woods. G5 makes a good peep, but they're all pretty much the same.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    Probably a 3/16 or 1/4. If you want a really big Field of view go with a 5/16, one of these will work for you. Most likely the 1/4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    x2 on going with the peep WITHOUT the rubber alignment tube. After having one break while drawing on a deer and a turkey in the same year I have now switched with no regret.

Thanks
    Im with Crimson Arrow, get a peep that fits tight around the outside of your entire site at full draw, this will keep you consistent. The next step is to keep it from twisting as you draw. Once you get the right size and have it square to your site at full draw you are going to like the results. I don't really think brand matters much, but I use G5.

Thanks
    Get a tubeless peep. And depending on the sight housing, either 1/4" or 3/16". I use the 3/16, and I don't recommend the g5. Had it slice right through my bow string. Only use red eye.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Carter Squeeze me release, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather 

Thanks
    I know what you mean about restricting vision. I shoot with a 1/4" peep and still would like to see better. I am very right eye dominant, so I started shooting with both eyes open last year. It has made a huge difference. On the longer shots (50+ yards) I still have to squint my left eye, but I don't ever close it even when I shoot at 100 yards. I don't know what sight you are using, but I switched to a Black Gold Ascent slider sight with 3 pins. I had a 7 pin setup, but it was a cluster counting pins and they just got in the way when I was aiming at anything. I would also recommend decluttering you sight as well to help with your vision. The biggest thing is just getting used to it. I would just not consider it an option to take it off anymore and just try to get used to it as best you can. The longer it is on there, the less you will notice the difference.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    I shoot a G5 1/4". Do not use the tube. I train my d-loop so when I draw the peep lines up perfectly. Not sure how your vision is but they also make peeps with a lens in them. Either a rectifier or a clarifier. Good luck.
    Uncle Ted for President!!!

Thanks
    G5 3/16 for me without the peep tube. it fit's the outside of my sight housing perfectly keeping my shots consistent at all ranges. i'm a both eyes open shooter. if you don't slide your peep up or down without pressing your bow it won't cut your string.
    I Love the smell of Elk in the mornin
    The arrow is everything

Thanks
    you can get a Specialty Archery hooded super peep. they come with a housing and then you can get whatever adapter inserts to go into it. this allows you to customize the peep to you. currently i am shooting one without any insert for bowhunting. it is pretty close to 1/4 with no insert.

Sent via Crypto KG84 Algorithm