Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unit Help Needed

I am planning to go to Wyoming and was wondering what unit would be the best for me only having 2 preference points but really wanting to draw, Some area with a lot of state land and areas of the like are optimal

Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Hi MBH. Most on most hunting forums the members are tight lipped when someone comes on a forum and in their first post or two asks for advice of where to go hunting. Stick around, contribute some helpful posts and I'm sure you'll have some guys willing to help out.

You will not have a hard time finding a good unit that you can draw with 2 points. Look at the draw odds and success statistics on the WY game and fish website and it will help you narrow your choices.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 12-03-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I would read the Eastmans reviews on units and see whats out there for you to be able to draw

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Definitely subscribe to Eastmans the MRS is an amazing tool when it comes to checking out units. Do some digging around on the forum here also. there is a lot of information on units, techniques and advice that have been discussed before. The other thing that will help you out a ton is the BLM maps. Check out the draw odds on the wyoming fish and game. Taking all of things together will help yeah make a good decision on what unit or units to look at. hope that helps a little. Stick around contribute and read the forum frequently and let your mind be a sponge there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. Me being from Michigan and have never been out west, i have learned a lot the last few years from this forum and feel much better prepared for a trip out west when I draw a tag.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    With 2 points I'd look at 32, 48 & 69
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    27 is a unit with lots of public land and can be easily drawn in 2014 with 2PPs. If you draw it I'd suggest hunting the land south of Antelope Creek in the area shown on most maps down in the south part of the unit as the Red Hills. The last time I was there a couple years ago the goats were there and there were some nice bucks.. It is also good terrain for spot/stalk, which is the way to hunt antelope instead of driving the roads like a lot of people do.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Michigan Buck Hunter came on in October, made two posts and that's the last we heard from him.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Michigan Buck Hunter came on in October, made two posts and that's the last we heard from him.
    ***Yep, two posts asking the same thing and not anything else from him. Some people have a lot of nerve!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Im sure there will be a whole new wave of 1 posters coming out pretty soon with app season coming up. I dont even get real irritated when they ask for info on the first post. What gets me is when they get some good advise and dont even bother to say thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree MM maybe we should start giving bad advice! LOL
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member