Thanks

Antelope Help 1st Hunt

Looking for a little help. I am a father of five (all 6 and under) and also a teacher/coach so my time is somewhat limited in what I can demand from the wife and work. I live in california but have the summer off to scout a unit. Looking to take a couple of my kids possibly the whole family on an Antelope hunt in a few years and looking for some help.

I am trying to find a unit in Wyoming that I can plan my 1st Antelope hunt. I looking to take a 70plus inch goat and have time to build points. I hoping to get 3-5 points and then come out during the summer to take a look around in the unit. Labor Day weekend and Veterans Day would be the best time as I get an extra day off. I have hunted my whole life and I am usually pretty successful. I put some miles in and work hard at it.
    I also have one point for elk and deer and hope that after goat hunting the following year can go hunt those animals. So a place close to goat hunting that I could take off and take a look at some good deer/elk country.

Not looking for any honey hole just some basic info to narrow my search. I will hit the phones after hunting season.
    I get the magazine and will look through the sections also.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Unit 63 with 4 points 100% draw. If you are refering to Wyoming.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Start collecting points and don't worry where to hunt yet. A lot can change in 4-5 years. One bad winter kill can ruin an area.

Thanks
    I'm a father of 6 and have done what you are wanting to do many times. Just start now and collect preference points. You could hunt at least 1/4 of the units in Wyoming and fulfill your goal (and I say that very conservatively, probably more like 50%). There are tons of good antelope units if you are looking for a 70"+ buck, and even more if you are willing to walk a bit.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Lots of great advice

Thanks
    Thanks guys
    I think the plan will be to try to do a hunt in 3 years just to get use to Wyoming and antelope hunting in general and the following year see if I should use my points or not depending on how the herds are doing. It seems like a fun hunt to take my boys on for their 1st out of state hunt.
    I hunt hard and will put the time in and my boys are pretty good walkers already.

Is there an age limit for kids to hunt in Wyoming. Can i start building points for them. I am also planning to start building points in other states. Money is tight but have to find away.

Banned
    Thanks
    There is so much truth in what you just posted. What is a good area today may not be a good area next season. Manualman rocks!

Thanks
    Here's the website for Wyoming. All the info you need.
    gf.state.wy.us

Thanks
    They need to be 12 to hunt big game purchase pps.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member