Hybrid View

Thanks

Colorado GMU 8 Rumors

I am really fuming! On another website I frequent (not hunting, just shooting) I saw a post that really ticked me off. Let me quote what the writer said in part:
    "Seems some of the locals had some extra time on their hands during Labor day and started to hunt a bit early. I gues (sic) they they (sic) decimated a herd they caught a hold of and took some 20-30 bulls and a couple of handfuls of cows too".

He goes on to complain about no wardens and locals stealing the game. The persons posting was a Colorado resident.

I challenged the post with one of my own questioning the authenticity of the post. It just frosts my butt to see someone do something like this that we all know could not be true.There is no way that something like this could have happened. It is just too absurd.

No response from the originator yet. Other shooters who hunt chimed in with the same questions. Can't believe that the poster was just a "troll" because he is a regular.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Seems improbable, doesn't it? I am headed to 8 for third rifle...more bad news I didn't need.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettKoenecke View Post
    Seems improbable, doesn't it? I am headed to 8 for third rifle...more bad news I didn't need.
    I personally think it pure BS, don't thing it happened. Pretty hard for something like what he says happened without people knowing about it.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Sounds very unlikely, if he knows about it so do others, and those things wouldn't remain a secret from the law. Also, Im struggling to see a heard with 20-30 bulls in it during labor day.

Thanks
    Is there any good news coming out of Unit 8 or 7 or even 191?

Thanks
    that seems like way too many bulls. the media would have had a hay day with that. you know those "crazy gun owners"

Thanks
    Back from 8.

I saw about 100 elk over the 6 days I was there. I saw elk on four days, and did not see elk on two days.
    I saw branch antlered bulls on two days but could not close the deal. I saw more elk than the rest of my group did.
    I was the oldest, fattest, least in shape hunter in the group.
    I am sure there is a point there but will let the younger trimmer fitter hunters decide what that is.

We did not kill a bull but we did trap seven mice, without a license. I didn't sex them but whatever evidence of sex was attached to their carcasses was still there last I saw them.

We had a great trip.

Trying to decide whether to go back there or try the Western Slope, perhaps Wyoming.