Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Unit 48 cow elk

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 43 Times in 40 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    I agree 100%. Don't let ranchers or their hands BS you, if you know exactly where you are. However, I seriously doubt that any rancher/outfitter would ever get a citation for falsely claiming BLM/State land as private. G&F & Ranchers are just too cozy. IMO.

    The G&F guy in my unit told me the sheriff wrote the trespassing tickets and he stayed out of it. Opening weekend I seen the sheriff plenty of times on most of those roads, poor guy was earning his paycheck that weekend! I guess its like the corner crossing issues, some counties its overlooked while others it is taboo.

    I should stand up more but I only have a short time to hunt and I really dont want it smothered by dealing with some idiots so I just move on. I do resist some, maybe next time (hopefully there never will be a next time) they will catch me in a odd mood and I will stand up and make it a pain for them.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AT Hiker For This Useful Post:


  3. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 56 Times in 46 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AT Hiker View Post
    The G&F guy in my unit told me the sheriff wrote the trespassing tickets and he stayed out of it. Opening weekend I seen the sheriff plenty of times on most of those roads, poor guy was earning his paycheck that weekend! I guess its like the corner crossing issues, some counties its overlooked while others it is taboo.

    I should stand up more but I only have a short time to hunt and I really dont want it smothered by dealing with some idiots so I just move on. I do resist some, maybe next time (hopefully there never will be a next time) they will catch me in a odd mood and I will stand up and make it a pain for them.
    AT, G&F warden says County Sheriff writes tickets...he's NOT involved? Sheriff patrols gravel backroads...Large Landowner is a County Commissioner.....Outfitters/ranchers let G&F employees hunt free.....H-mmmmm All I can say is, glad I don't hunt there anymore.

  4. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 43 Times in 40 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    AT, G&F warden says County Sheriff writes tickets...he's NOT involved? Sheriff patrols gravel backroads...Large Landowner is a County Commissioner.....Outfitters/ranchers let G&F employees hunt free.....H-mmmmm All I can say is, glad I don't hunt there anymore.

    Not sure about the other statements, but the G&F warden did tell me the sheriff took care of the trespass issues (specifically the corner crossing as well as other calls). This is only one warden and I assume there were a couple more that worked this area so maybe they work the trespass issues too?

    We need some more Joe Picketts working out there!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to AT Hiker For This Useful Post:


  6. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    869
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 191 Times in 159 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Trespassing complaints is most certainly a big part of a Game Wardens job in Wyoming, but they do not issue tickets on corner jumoing complaints. That is left to the individual counties for the Prosecutor and Sheriff to decide how they will handle that issue. GWs are under orders not to get involved in corner jumping allegations after they lost a case in court a few years ago.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:


  8. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Joliet, Il
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Trespassing complaints is most certainly a big part of a Game Wardens job in Wyoming, but they do not issue tickets on corner jumoing complaints. That is left to the individual counties for the Prosecutor and Sheriff to decide how they will handle that issue. GWs are under orders not to get involved in corner jumping allegations after they lost a case in court a few years ago.
    I still don't understand how tickets can be issued for "corner jumping" if a person never set foot on someone's land.
    To me its the same as floating a river or creek, as long as you don't step on the land its not trespassing.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •