Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unit 48 cow elk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    I agree 100%. Don't let ranchers or their hands BS you, if you know exactly where you are. However, I seriously doubt that any rancher/outfitter would ever get a citation for falsely claiming BLM/State land as private. G&F & Ranchers are just too cozy. IMO.

The G&F guy in my unit told me the sheriff wrote the trespassing tickets and he stayed out of it. Opening weekend I seen the sheriff plenty of times on most of those roads, poor guy was earning his paycheck that weekend! I guess its like the corner crossing issues, some counties its overlooked while others it is taboo.

I should stand up more but I only have a short time to hunt and I really dont want it smothered by dealing with some idiots so I just move on. I do resist some, maybe next time (hopefully there never will be a next time) they will catch me in a odd mood and I will stand up and make it a pain for them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AT Hiker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by AT Hiker View Post
    The G&F guy in my unit told me the sheriff wrote the trespassing tickets and he stayed out of it. Opening weekend I seen the sheriff plenty of times on most of those roads, poor guy was earning his paycheck that weekend! I guess its like the corner crossing issues, some counties its overlooked while others it is taboo.

I should stand up more but I only have a short time to hunt and I really dont want it smothered by dealing with some idiots so I just move on. I do resist some, maybe next time (hopefully there never will be a next time) they will catch me in a odd mood and I will stand up and make it a pain for them.
    AT, G&F warden says County Sheriff writes tickets...he's NOT involved? Sheriff patrols gravel backroads...Large Landowner is a County Commissioner.....Outfitters/ranchers let G&F employees hunt free.....H-mmmmm All I can say is, glad I don't hunt there anymore.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    AT, G&F warden says County Sheriff writes tickets...he's NOT involved? Sheriff patrols gravel backroads...Large Landowner is a County Commissioner.....Outfitters/ranchers let G&F employees hunt free.....H-mmmmm All I can say is, glad I don't hunt there anymore.

Not sure about the other statements, but the G&F warden did tell me the sheriff took care of the trespass issues (specifically the corner crossing as well as other calls). This is only one warden and I assume there were a couple more that worked this area so maybe they work the trespass issues too?

We need some more Joe Picketts working out there!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AT Hiker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Trespassing complaints is most certainly a big part of a Game Wardens job in Wyoming, but they do not issue tickets on corner jumoing complaints. That is left to the individual counties for the Prosecutor and Sheriff to decide how they will handle that issue. GWs are under orders not to get involved in corner jumping allegations after they lost a case in court a few years ago.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Trespassing complaints is most certainly a big part of a Game Wardens job in Wyoming, but they do not issue tickets on corner jumoing complaints. That is left to the individual counties for the Prosecutor and Sheriff to decide how they will handle that issue. GWs are under orders not to get involved in corner jumping allegations after they lost a case in court a few years ago.
    I still don't understand how tickets can be issued for "corner jumping" if a person never set foot on someone's land.
    To me its the same as floating a river or creek, as long as you don't step on the land its not trespassing.