Thread: Waiting period

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts

Waiting period

So I heard that Nv was going to lower the waiting period for Elk and Antelope. Elk would go from 10 years after you get a tag to 5 and Antelope from 5 to 3. That would be very cool I thought. But then started thinking about how F&G has screwed up the deer hunting and this will probable do the same for Elk and Antelope. Why change what works?
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All that is going to do is change your drawing odds and create more revenue for them. It's not going to put more tags in the pool.

I'm curious as to where you read this

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That sounds awesome IKIC, annual harvest is based on the number of tags allotted for an area so if the number of tags don't go up the harvest should pretty much stay the same per unit. Think of it this way, hunters that drew an elk tag and were successful 10 years ago are now in the application pool competing for tags again. I'm not sure that a 5 year waiting period would balance out the same as the current waiting period but it seems that it would over time.

Anyway, hope it happens so I can apply for antelope next year again and elk in 2015 !!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That would mean that I would only have one more year for Antelope!!! It also will probably result in worse draw odds caused by the more people in the pool. That would probably even out how long it takes to get that tag again anyway.
    It is all about money. Since they raised the Deer quotas the deer hunting in many places has become much worse. More applicants will equal more money, I'm just hoping they dont raise the quotas for other species...
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    So for elk, if I hypothetically got a tag, killed a 380" bull, I would have to wait the 5 instead of 10? And if you draw and are unsuccessful is it still 5 or none?

The antelope would be sweet also!!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    So for elk, if I hypothetically got a tag, killed a 380" bull, I would have to wait the 5 instead of 10? And if you draw and are unsuccessful is it still 5 or none?

The antelope would be sweet also!!
    Yes. Even if you don't fill your tag you have a waiting period before you can start applying for another elk tag.

Soooo it had 15 points before I drew. Then I have to wait for 10 years before I can start applying for another elk tag. Then if it takes another 15 points to draw again well then I will be old as heck and will need you to pack out my 381" bull. Hahha
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just consider this I am not sure how excited I would be about it for elk unless I had previously drawn a tag

But it's pretty easy to figure out how much the odds will swing as all you would have to do is multiply the number of people drawn each year times ten and you will be up against that many more people. And if you think it doesn't affect you cause you have 15 points you're wrong. Kinda like the old saying a lot of little bottles make a big one. A lot of people with a few points equals one with a lot