Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: wyoming a crock

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 6 Posts
    nickpaolini81,

Some guys that had hunted the area we where at told us the same thing, my buddy killed one around 110-115 and he said that is about as big as they get here. We were please, especially my buddy because he had never killed anything other than a whitetail.

Ip2506,
    Later in the season has its advantages for sure...trust me as opening day was a circus! We tried to hunt those hay meadow deer too, figured out that they leave a little after dark to bed then they head back down to the meadows right before sun-up...I have never seen deer do this, they basically sleep and eat in the meadows all day. Not like the whitetails and other mule deer Im used to.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AT Hiker View Post
    nickpaolini81,

Some guys that had hunted the area we where at told us the same thing, my buddy killed one around 110-115 and he said that is about as big as they get here. We were please, especially my buddy because he had never killed anything other than a whitetail.

Ip2506,
    Later in the season has its advantages for sure...trust me as opening day was a circus! We tried to hunt those hay meadow deer too, figured out that they leave a little after dark to bed then they head back down to the meadows right before sun-up...I have never seen deer do this, they basically sleep and eat in the meadows all day. Not like the whitetails and other mule deer Im used to.
    Fellow Hunters, Its time to bring 'Wyoming a Crock' to a close. With the Holidays fast approaching, long work weeks, and coaching Varsity basketball, I am left with little time to surf the web. I'm sure with the post closing in on 7000 views someone benefited from posted information. If anyone was helped in any degree it was worth it. After all, isn't the whole idea of this site is to help each other? I may check this forum again in late January if life slows down. For now its back to work, family holidays, and then on to Mexico for a little R-n-R. I have truly enjoyed all your thoughts and ideas. This years Christmas list consisted of The Vortex Viper 20-60x85 Angled spotting scope, Mickey Thompsen tires, Bulova watch, and some soft socks. Soft socks are very very important to me. The spotting scope has been ordered, delivered and wrapped. I took a peak through it and it is an amazing piece of equipment. As the tires sit in the garage, and the watch under the tree, I reflect on what has been a very awesome year. I am looking for a repeat in 2014. I hope all you hunters have a favorable hand of providence next hunting season. One final piece of advice. Buy a handgun and learn how to use it!. As Roger Raglin says, 'carry it, handle, it shoot it, carry it, handle it, shoot it, carry it, handle it, shoot it'. For cryin out loud people, The government is paroling criminals by the busloads! Where are they going? Local neighborhoods, communities, and maybe your town? Some of these convicts are property of Lucifer. The average response time of police in town is 10 minutes. If you live in the boondocks, the cops ARE NOT going to show. There is truth in the idea of 'Be nice to everyone but have a plan to kill them'. I don't know a lot about Western Mulies, but I do know that these released convicts are bad for our law abiding families. A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. PS.....I sure hope my wife comes through on those socks!....TeddyBear

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 8 Posts
    Too bad Teddybear didn't see fit to answer a couple PMs I sent him about his jaded and twisted rants on his thread and in another post he put up in another thread about nobody helping him, yadayadayada! I, for one, won't miss him because I think his job in a maximum security prison here in southern MI has given him a very lousy perspective of the overall population that are out and about in this world. What is funny is that he says the whole idea of this site is to help each other, but if you read almost every post he's put up in the short time he's been on here they are very negative even with all the help offered him by all the members---just sayin!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Too bad Teddybear didn't see fit to answer a couple PMs I sent him about his jaded and twisted rants on his thread and in another post he put up in another thread about nobody helping him, yadayadayada! I, for one, won't miss him because I think his job in a maximum security prison here in southern MI has given him a very lousy perspective of the overall population that are out and about in this world. What is funny is that he says the whole idea of this site is to help each other, but if you read almost every post he's put up in the short time he's been on here they are very negative even with all the help offered him by all the members---just sayin!!!
    Topgun, take your medication little buddy. Your takin this way to serious, which has pulled you off your square. I do admire your post. It leaves no question of where you stand which is more than I can say for some people. My gut feeling is that you voted for Obama (twice), are an avid reader of mad magazine, and have never missed one episode of Ellen. Any way, I cant understand for the life of me, if my posts bother you that much, Why, oh why, do you continue to read them? If a man told me that milk made him sick right after he guzzled two gallons, and then proceeded to slam down more, I would begin to question his sanity. I understand that intelligence is at an all time low in this country but please. I do admit that working in the most negative detestable environment in the world can change a mans point of view, but regardless, it is still his point of view. With over 300 million people in this great country, there are bound to be a couple of different opinions and viewpoints. Part of life is allowing people to voice those ideas with respect even if they don't line up with yours. I personally couldn't care any less what some Topgun from Allegan Michigan thinks, but I will respect it. I assume you are an angry white male with the belief that if you don't agree with another man he is ranting and jaded. My advice to you...get outside once a week, get so busy in life that you can only get on this forum once a month, and take that poster of Miley Cyrus off your bedroom wall! Just kidding!!!! Topgun, I really hope you have a great Christmas and a very successful 2014. I need to head to the gym in 10 minutes. Seems like the varsity basketball team thinks they can beat the 50 and over squad. When will these young guns ever learn? I want to get home in time for the Michigan State vs. Ohio State game. Regardless of who wins it is a great day to be alive. I have made my NewYears resolution. Given it a couple of trial runs, and it still needs a little work before Jan 1. When successful it will make me a better person. No hard feelings Topgun! Puttin on my AIR JORDANS! TeddyBear

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Come on guys.....all Teddybear wants is your GPS coordinations to your honey hole. Hell, spending that much money for a Wyoming mule deer hunt, the state owes him.; at least he thinks they do. He's like a lot of other trollers that go on hunting sites...."tell me where to go so I can kill a big deer."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trkytrack2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trkytrack2 View Post
    Come on guys.....all Teddybear wants is your GPS coordinations to your honey hole. Hell, spending that much money for a Wyoming mule deer hunt, the state owes him.; at least he thinks they do. He's like a lot of other trollers that go on hunting sites...."tell me where to go so I can kill a big deer."
    ***Yep, and I won't even waste my time on his posts any more. Funny though that after he said he was leaving in that lengthy post he came right back to see if he "provoked" anyone, LOL!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Edelweiss, is that you?
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 12-07-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    It can't be Edelweiss. There was no mention of better hunting in Europe or Africa!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BKC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I can't believe this post went on so long! I stopped reading at page 3 over a month ago. Teddy Bear go to Region G, get out of your truck and start walking. Plenty of public land and big deer. Only person to blame is yourself if unsuccessful.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to norcalhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Try hunting on the slopes of the Big Horn mountains. You are on National forest there and don't have to worry about getting permission. You might have to go up past the boundry a bit but there are roads that take you down lower on the slopes. There are lots of Mule deer especially if you don't mind walking a bit. Or try just below timberline on the south end of the Big Horn Mountains. Easier to get permission and if you have to pay it won't deplete your childrens inheritance. Lots of Big Mule deer on the south end of the Big Horns. Another spot to check out on you map is above Sheridan in the Burgess Junction area. Try west of the junction and to the north toward the Montana border. There are lots of good places but you just have to look a little harder. Good luck