Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    So many possibilities to think about this time of year it can drive a guy crazy, but it sure is fun! I will probably wait and see what I draw and then look at leftover tags if nothing works out. Or I might get a leftover antelope tag and spend a few days scouting deer and elk on the way. Last year I planned my whole hunting season around a leftover antelope tag, but I had my reasons and Im glad I did.

Thanks
    I plan on putting in for 38 type 1 this yr and with my points will draw. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for the unit. I always call the biologists and wardens in the area as well but any help would be great as being a non resident wont be able to scout. ill be there 3 weeks and glassing and hiking is no problem. thanks!

Thanks
    Plan for the weather. This last season the Archery hunters got hammered with snow at the end of their season so be prepared.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    Plan for the weather. This last season the Archery hunters got hammered with snow at the end of their season so be prepared.
    ***Yep! From the end of September through the whole month of October it was the worst weather I've ever seen out there and I've hunted the BigHorns almost every year since 1994!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    ***Yep! From the end of September through the whole month of October it was the worst weather I've ever seen out there and I've hunted the BigHorns almost every year since 1994!
    Thanks guys for info weather. I hunt with my wall tent and wood stove and fully equiped with bluebird weather and bad(good) weather to come in! Hope u guys do good this huntin season. Thx again!

Thanks
    That is great for the tent and stove and such. I was getting at being more prepared in getting around. They had a bunch of snow and the archery hunters had problems just driving anywhere so just keep this in mind on what your driving and where your camping. Real heavy rains, fog, and a snow storm made things interesting at the end of September. You may have no problems at all just watch the weather and have some plans in place and enjoy the hunt.

Thanks
    We always have chains available for all four PU wheels because you never know when just a little bit of precipitation will muck the roads up and make them impassable without them. Just two don't hack it.

Thanks
    I agree on chains and I always carry a set no matter where I go and they stay in my truck all year but I have never chained up more then the front tires and I have been through some pretty nasty places. In my experience if you chain up the front it will pull the back through.

Thanks
    thanks again. appreciate the advice. I got gmc 2500 4x4 and chains , tow chains and winch if needed. hopefully all goes good and we pull a few good bulls and bucks out if there.. any thoughts on the mulies in the area!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mmfloyd View Post
    thanks again. appreciate the advice. I got gmc 2500 4x4 and chains , tow chains and winch if needed. hopefully all goes good and we pull a few good bulls and bucks out if there.. any thoughts on the mulies in the area!
    ***38 is more known for it's elk, but there are some big deer there, although IMHO they are a lot harder to hunt than elk and getting a good buck is tough.