Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 101 Times in 12 Posts

Caldwell Area Info Needed.

Hey guys, I just got a great opportunity offered to me in this area. Not ever moving to a new area I've got a lot to learn, I was just wondering if there is places you'd recommend for a small family to live and places to avoid. I'm partial to small towns but if needs be something in Nampa or Caldwell might suffice, I've been on the net looking at Middleton and Parma but any others I should look into??? I'll be running around the Nyssa-Greenleaf area for work.

Thanks in advance to any responses!!!

WT
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

2. The Following User Says Congratulations to woodtick For This Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 83 Times in 11 Posts
    I lived in Nampa for awhile. It's a nice town. I liked Star too. I also lived in Meridian but it has grow. A lot since I lived there.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Man this section is dead!!! Thanks IKIC for your help, Caldwell and Nampa look like they are pretty crime ridden towns. Since I'll be traveling a lot and my wife will be home alone I want her in a safe community!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I guess a guy I work with is from Kuna. I will have to ask him about it. He is wanting to move back there, so maybe it isn't too bad. I guess its south of Nampa.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Againstthewind For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 83 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    Man this section is dead!!! Thanks IKIC for your help, Caldwell and Nampa look like they are pretty crime ridden towns. Since I'll be traveling a lot and my wife will be home alone I want her in a safe community!
    It's been a few years sice I was there but I can see that in Caldwell. Nampa at the time was mostly homes and middle class. I really liked Boise. The folks there are pretty mellow and there was a lot to do there. Boise is big for sure. Are you stuck in that part of the state? Idaho Falls is awesome. I almost moved there myself a few years ago.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PM sent with a local contact you can talk to about the issues. Noticed on another thread you want a WT, well if you make the move they are all over N ID, E WA, W MT and some in NE OR. Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim McCoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    It's been a few years sice I was there but I can see that in Caldwell. Nampa at the time was mostly homes and middle class. I really liked Boise. The folks there are pretty mellow and there was a lot to do there. Boise is big for sure. Are you stuck in that part of the state? Idaho Falls is awesome. I almost moved there myself a few years ago.
    Yeah it's all pretty big compared to what I'm used to! I'm stuck over there, looking at different websites Star, Eagle and Middleton are the places to live as far as crime and children rearing communities but only a white collar business guy could afford to live there. I'd a picked the eastern side of the state over Boise just cause it's only a couple hours from home. Boise is about 4.5 hrs, beggars can't be choosers I guess. It's only a few hours from all the places I hunt or fish so that's good. I was just hoping to get some ones personal perspective on where I should avoid! I appreciate your input IKIC and Againstthewind!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim McCoy View Post
    PM sent with a local contact you can talk to about the issues. Noticed on another thread you want a WT, well if you make the move they are all over N ID, E WA, W MT and some in NE OR. Good luck!
    Thanks Tim I got it!! Yeah I've been up to Riggins and White Bird chasing those stupid things!! My career will be a crop consultant a fancy term for sales agronomist. So maybe my connections down the road might provide some good deer and waterfowl hunting.
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree, those things are tough on a good day. I finally gave up in the woods and looked for and found open country to hunt them in. Not easy, but easier for me. Lots of goose hunting out there too. I think you will make many good contacts and have some great outdoor opportunities.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim McCoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Caldwell and Nampa have lots of crime as have been stated. Lots of the smaller towns are great though. I live in Grand View which is closer to Mountain Home so don't know much about farther west but from what I see and hear there are some great smaller towns west and south of Nampa.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to firebeck For This Useful Post: