Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dick Metcalf

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado T View Post
    Don't know if anyone has seen it but Metcalf was fired and the editor resigned due to the backlash G&A got...
    Doesn't surprise me as MOST hunters and gun owners feel the same way. We're all sick of the government trying to cram more and more regulation down our throats trying to accomplish they're ultimate goal... and we all know what that is. However, I hate to see someone lose their job for expressing their own opinion. We're all on the same side and our opinions won't all match exactly all the time. There is definitly a "No compromise" type of attitude out there amongst gun enthusiasts. Can't blame us I guess???

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, just as I figured the Metcalf "Commonsense regulation" drivel he scribbled on the backstop page of Guns&Ammo is now on the Brady "GunGrabber" FB website. Getting praise from all our enemies, calling him a hero and being courageous for his PRO regulation stance. What a back-stabber he is. He issued a statement, but NO apology. Good riddance.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I dont get the mag but went to a news stand and read the article and that was bad enough but to get back on here finally (I had to take my computer in to get fixed so I havent been on for a week) and hear about vets being denied a concealed permit because of PTSD flat out makes me MAD!!! I am curious what state it was in. If we were good enough to defend our country we should be good enough to defend ourselves when we get home! I have a PTSD rating of 50%. IMO all vets have some form of PTSD but it certainly doesnt mean we are not safe to carry a gun, its quite the opposite. We have training and experience and when the s#$% hits the fan we know how to handle it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well my wife attended hunters ed here in Idaho.....had two girls asking which way the 22 shell pointed when they loaded it.....bet those gals have no issue getting a cc permit if they tried.....
    too bad the hunters ed instructor didnt just say whuch ever way is the easiest!!!
    I hunt because......

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wolftalonID For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    Well my wife attended hunters ed here in Idaho.....had two girls asking which way the 22 shell pointed when they loaded it.....bet those gals have no issue getting a cc permit if they tried.....
    too bad the hunters ed instructor didnt just say whuch ever way is the easiest!!!
    This is why Im not against requiring training to get a CWP. While I am against all forms of gun control I also believe anyone carrying or using a gun should know how to use it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy Hacky View Post
    "Shall not be infringed". A right given to us by our creator, no requirement for a class.
    So what about the first part...do we ignore that? "Well regulated militia..." Funny how the training actually is mentioned before the part about guns.

Picture yourself in a room. A large room with say, 400 people in it. Like a giant church meeting, or a convention. In comes uniformed soldiers, all with military weapons, and a man in a suit approaching the mic. The soldiers suround the room and then the suit speaks as to whats going on and why they are there....(say a dignitary is arriving to talk not a take over ).

Many of us would be nervous at first, intrigued maybe, but not in shear panic....why? Because we recognize the uniform as " well regulated", or in other words, trained to restrain from stupid.

Now lets tweak this same scenario. All thats needed is to replace a uniformed group of soldiers with guys in cut off plaid shirts, shotguns, AR's, AK's, bats, missing teeth, chewing tobacco being spit, and a loud mouth pistol swinging leader approaching the mic. The people will audibly be screaming before any words reach the audience, and more than likely, those of us carrying will have made a decision on how we will address the threat.

Americans are mostly far from well regulated in any form or fashion. We have grown up in a world of thinking no one can tell us what to do. If they try we will sue em good, or shoot em dead. If law is crushed, we riot, loot, plunder, and destroy our own cities. I believe that training brings character, and character brings order and at some level, safety. Allowing law abiding citizens to rampage untrained with firearms has not yet caused issues, but it could.

I understand no law keeps guns out of crazy peoples hands, and that is what the politicians seem to think will happen if they make more gun laws. Funny how the current laws aren't working on the crazies.

However, training, and safety go hand in hand. Otherwise.....lets just give your teens the keys....who needs drivers ed anyway right? They will figure it out juuuuust fine cuz my kids are good kids!
    I hunt because......

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wolftalonID For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So what about the first part...do we ignore that? "Well regulated militia..." Funny how the training actually is mentioned before the part about guns.

Picture yourself in a room. A large room with say, 400 people in it. Like a giant church meeting, or a convention. In comes uniformed soldiers, all with military weapons, and a man in a suit approaching the mic. The soldiers suround the room and then the suit speaks as to whats going on and why they are there....(say a dignitary is arriving to talk not a take over ).

Many of us would be nervous at first, intrigued maybe, but not in shear panic....why? Because we recognize the uniform as " well regulated", or in other words, trained to restrain from stupid.

Now lets tweak this same scenario. All thats needed is to replace a uniformed group of soldiers with guys in cut off plaid shirts, shotguns, AR's, AK's, bats, missing teeth, chewing tobacco being spit, and a loud mouth pistol swinging leader approaching the mic. The people will audibly be screaming before any words reach the audience, and more than likely, those of us carrying will have made a decision on how we will address the threat.

Americans are mostly far from well regulated in any form or fashion. We have grown up in a world of thinking no one can tell us what to do. If they try we will sue em good, or shoot em dead. If law is crushed, we riot, loot, plunder, and destroy our own cities. I believe that training brings character, and character brings order and at some level, safety. Allowing law abiding citizens to rampage untrained with firearms has not yet caused issues, but it could.

I understand no law keeps guns out of crazy peoples hands, and that is what the politicians seem to think will happen if they make more gun laws. Funny how the current laws aren't working on the crazies.

However, training, and safety go hand in hand. Otherwise.....lets just give your teens the keys....who needs drivers ed anyway right? They will figure it out juuuuust fine cuz my kids are good kids!
    As far as driver's training and licenses go...well, driving is a regulated privilege, not something in the Bill of Rights. If you want to be a butt-smooching "Sheeple" like Metcalf, by agreeing to more and more regulations...by all means go ahead. It still is (the last time I checked) a free country.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Butt smoochin huh? Lol only if your my wife and its hot, lol. Seriously...the ignorant cant even answer the question.

So i will repeat it and make it bold to catch more attenttion "WELL REGULATED MILITIA...."

Explain please the first part of the ammendment.

I will throw in a cut paste copy of the definition for you.

reg·u·late
    ˈregyəˌlāt/
    verb
    past tense: regulated; past participle: regulated
    control or maintain the rate or speed of (a machine or process) so that it operates properly.
    "a hormone that regulates metabolism and organ function"
    synonyms: control, adjust, manage More
    control or supervise (something, esp. a company or business activity) by means of rules and regulations.
    "the organization that regulates fishing in the region"
    synonyms: supervise, police, monitor, check, check up on, be responsible for; More
    set (a clock or other apparatus) according to an external standard.

Hmmm ever notice even our founding fathers spoke english with complete thought....maybe us rednecks should learn to research, understand, and comprehend our constitution for how it was written, not how we are bumper sticker educated.

lets next look at the word MILITIA.

mi·li·tia noun \mə-ˈli-shə\
    : a group of people who are not part of the armed forces of a country but are trained like soldiers

Full Definition of MILITIA

a : a part of the organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency
    b : a body of citizens organized for military service
    : the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service
    See militia defined for English-language learners »
    See militia defined for kids »
    Origin of MILITIA

Latin, military service, from milit-, miles
    First Known Use: 1625

And now the whole text of our constitutional 2nd amendment as a whole thought, and not a chopped up bumper sticker taken out of context.

AMENDMENT II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

This is written clearly talking about the people to be used as needed to ensure a free state, and that these people be armed to do so. We are that people, and to regulate us as a militia means training, rules and compliance under them. Otherwise you are no different than the crazies with guns. Our constitution was written to ensure our safety, not to ensure crazy run amuck do as we like arrogance.
    Last edited by wolftalonID; 11-14-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Add thought
    I hunt because......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wolftalonID For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Butt smoochin huh? Lol only if your my wife and its hot, lol. Seriously...the ignorant cant even answer the question.

So i will repeat it and make it bold to catch more attenttion "WELL REGULATED MILITIA...."

Explain please the first part of the ammendment.

I will throw in a cut paste copy of the definition for you.

reg·u·late
    ˈregyəˌlāt/
    verb
    past tense: regulated; past participle: regulated
    control or maintain the rate or speed of (a machine or process) so that it operates properly.
    "a hormone that regulates metabolism and organ function"
    synonyms: control, adjust, manage More
    control or supervise (something, esp. a company or business activity) by means of rules and regulations.
    "the organization that regulates fishing in the region"
    synonyms: supervise, police, monitor, check, check up on, be responsible for; More
    set (a clock or other apparatus) according to an external standard.

Hmmm ever notice even our founding fathers spoke english with complete thought....maybe us rednecks should learn to research, understand, and comprehend our constitution for how it was written, not how we are bumper sticker educated.

lets next look at the word MILITIA.

mi·li·tia noun \mə-ˈli-shə\
    : a group of people who are not part of the armed forces of a country but are trained like soldiers

Full Definition of MILITIA

a : a part of the organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency
    b : a body of citizens organized for military service
    : the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service
    See militia defined for English-language learners »
    See militia defined for kids »
    Origin of MILITIA

Latin, military service, from milit-, miles
    First Known Use: 1625

And now the whole text of our constitutional 2nd amendment as a whole thought, and not a chopped up bumper sticker taken out of context.

AMENDMENT II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

This is written clearly talking about the people to be used as needed to ensure a free state, and that these people be armed to do so. We are that people, and to regulate us as a militia means training, rules and compliance under them. Otherwise you are no different than the crazies with guns. Our constitution was written to ensure our safety, not to ensure crazy run amuck do as we like arrogance.
    Ignorant? Well, there evidently are a whole lot more folks out there who think like I do. Otherwise, how do you suppose the editor and Metcalf were quickly terminated? Lots of folks canceled their subscriptions to G&A. And expressed their displeasure on countless other gun forums. Didn't a constitution framer once say "Those who would give up freedom for safety,deserve neither" or words to that effect. The constitution doesn't mention the safety of the populous, if I remember correctly. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    First....you still have ignored answering my question.....

and second...you are most correct, many people do ignorantly think as you do. Precisely my point. Americans think that because they can say four words on a bumper sticker they "know" or better put, "comprehend" the second ammendment.

G&A is a business. Our first ammendment does nothing to protect Dick's comments as he has spouted off about and made a bigger fool of himself in the process. He made those comments in the hire of a private business. The business seems to fundamentally ignorantly agree with the customer base with which it is affiliated with. Dick's comments and the EIC that approved their publication came betweent the bottom dollar of the business they were in the hire of. Simple choice, the blockade was removed....money flows again.

This argument here is simply trying to show how misread in history we are. Not trying to regulate yours or my guns away. However....wouldnt it be nice to see our states pay our way for a weekend at Front Site, all in order to be doing what they were informed to do by constitutional decree? Yet insted, they make us pay for the permits( your state not required ), the training, and ignore the government responceability to "regulate" ( ie train as a soldier) its people.

Imagin having gun education in school, instead we have a misinformed and paranoid ignorant people fearing guns in school.
    Imagin seeing trained, proficient moms with guns, instead we have moms so afraid their kids can't even point french fries in the school cafe like a gun.
    Imagine feeling safe at a range because those there have earned their right to enter by showing a saftey card, or feeling safe out hunting, because those out there truely understand what it means to trigger control until the target is verified, but instead we keep our eyes sideways at the range when a GI Joe loud mouth shows up with an AR displaying 50 pieces of electronic gear attached, and swear at the ahole who shot at you and your kid on the hill because he "thought" you were a deer.

making training regulatory IS what the second ammendment says first, in that training, the right to bear arms as a militia second. Its a whole thought man, not a retarded misquote its been turned into.
    I hunt because......