Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Region H Deer Unit 90 Antelope

Looks like my wife and I would have a good chance at drawing either of these tags with 2 points. The antelope not guaranteed even with the special tag, but a good shot none the less. Looks to have decent public access. So here goes the same question everyone has. Anyone been here and have any advice? Would appreciate any help. Would camping or town hunting be better? We would be ok with both. Thanks in advance. Matt

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdeere View Post
    Looks like my wife and I would have a good chance at drawing either of these tags with 2 points. The antelope not guaranteed even with the special tag, but a good shot none the less. Looks to have decent public access. So here goes the same question everyone has. Anyone been here and have any advice? Would appreciate any help. Would camping or town hunting be better? We would be ok with both. Thanks in advance. Matt
    Hi Matt,
    Wife and I hunted Area 91 in late Sept. Since camping was questionable, due to weather, we decided to stay in a motel in Rock Springs........the distance being, fifteen minutes shorter in favor of Rock Springs. NO MOTEL IN FARSON!!! Our distance from either Rock Springs or Pinedale to Hwy. 28 (Southern border of Area 91) was 45 mins. compared to an hour. We live out of Sacramento.....fifteen hour drive to Rock Springs.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by olref View Post
    Hi Matt,
    Wife and I hunted Area 91 in late Sept. Since camping was questionable, due to weather, we decided to stay in a motel in Rock Springs........the distance being, fifteen minutes shorter in favor of Rock Springs. NO MOTEL IN FARSON!!! Our distance from either Rock Springs or Pinedale to Hwy. 28 (Southern border of Area 91) was 45 mins. compared to an hour. We live out of Sacramento.....fifteen hour drive to Rock Springs.
    Thanks for the info. How was your hunt?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    I'm Familiar with that area in the northern part of your antelope unit, just from driving through. Saw some good pronghorn on private.

North of the Antelope unit you would have Hotels in Pinedale or Boulder (1). You are going to be driving for your antelope hunt anyway, so it isn't that far if you want to have a cushier few nights. Antelope hunting doesn't need to be a crack of dawn thing unless it is opening morning and you have a smoker spotted.

The other option is hunting East of the Green river out of LaBarge, I'm ignorant of that part of the unit. Good luck on the draw. I think your odds are better to draw on the deer tag. The antelope tag may take some luck, but I'd bet you could do well if you draw it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2rocky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdeere View Post
    Thanks for the info. How was your hunt?
    Hey Matt,
    Got a BEAUTY (had 5 PP)........15" horns and 81" total!!!!!!!!!! Have hunted Area 92 for five years; could not draw a buck, so ALWAYS got two does. This year, applied for a buck and two does in Area 91 and two does in Area 92 for my wife; we got "0" does in both areas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We scoutted for one day, saw a nice buck and came back the next A.M. Found him again at 300 yds; took a shot in
    50 MPH winds......missed four feet to the left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later found "mine" at 290 yds. with 20 MPH winds....BINGO!! Saw more 6 to 20 antelope herds than I've ever seen in Area 92. Overall, saw three really nice buck antelope, so they're there.
    Good Luck on whatever decision you chose!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    olref, Congratulations on a great buck. Care to post any pictures? have you seen many deer in those areas over the years?