Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was currious about the GMX bullets as well. Has anyone used them? Both my 30-06 and .243 shoot the Hornady rounds really well so any insight on those would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    I just saw this on facebook. sounds like alot more of us could be looking into non lead bullets soon.....

"Another loss for America....

Does Doe run mean anything to you?

It should!!!!!!!!!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doe_Run_Company

In December, the final primary lead smelter in the United States will close. The lead smelter, located in Herculaneum, Missouri, and owned and operated by the Doe Run Company, has existed in the same location since 1892.

The Herculaneum Smelter is currently the only smelter in the United States which can produce lead bullion from raw lead ore that is mined nearby in Missouri’s extensive lead deposits, giving the smelter its “primary” designation. The lead bullion produced in Herculaneum is then sold to lead product producers, including ammunition manufactures for use in conventional ammunition components such as projectiles, projectile cores, and primers. …

Doe Run made significant efforts to reduce lead emissions from the smelter, but in 2008 the federal Environmental Protection Agency issued new National Ambient Air Quality Standards for lead that were 10 times tighter than the previous standard. Given the new lead air quality standard, Doe Run made the decision to close the Herculaneum smelter.

It would be hard to imagine a better example of the Obama Regime’s use of the EPA to impose backdoor tyranny. We would let you have guns, but you see lead causes air pollution.

If you think ammo prices are high now, wait until they close the smelter.

After the Herculaneum smelter closes its doors in December, entirely domestic manufacture of conventional ammunition, from raw ore to finished cartridge, will be impossible.

The national security implications of severely curtailing our ability to produce our own ammunition are obvious. But to our current rulers, national security means something very different from what it did in the past. The idea is no longer to defend America from foreign threats, but to impose the ultimate threat from within."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I just saw this on facebook. sounds like alot more of us could be looking into non lead bullets soon.....

"Another loss for America....

Does Doe run mean anything to you?

It should!!!!!!!!!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doe_Run_Company

In December, the final primary lead smelter in the United States will close. The lead smelter, located in Herculaneum, Missouri, and owned and operated by the Doe Run Company, has existed in the same location since 1892.

The Herculaneum Smelter is currently the only smelter in the United States which can produce lead bullion from raw lead ore that is mined nearby in Missouri’s extensive lead deposits, giving the smelter its “primary” designation. The lead bullion produced in Herculaneum is then sold to lead product producers, including ammunition manufactures for use in conventional ammunition components such as projectiles, projectile cores, and primers. …

Doe Run made significant efforts to reduce lead emissions from the smelter, but in 2008 the federal Environmental Protection Agency issued new National Ambient Air Quality Standards for lead that were 10 times tighter than the previous standard. Given the new lead air quality standard, Doe Run made the decision to close the Herculaneum smelter.

It would be hard to imagine a better example of the Obama Regime’s use of the EPA to impose backdoor tyranny. We would let you have guns, but you see lead causes air pollution.

If you think ammo prices are high now, wait until they close the smelter.

After the Herculaneum smelter closes its doors in December, entirely domestic manufacture of conventional ammunition, from raw ore to finished cartridge, will be impossible.

The national security implications of severely curtailing our ability to produce our own ammunition are obvious. But to our current rulers, national security means something very different from what it did in the past. The idea is no longer to defend America from foreign threats, but to impose the ultimate threat from within."
    I heard that to Musket Man lead bullets are going to cost more than copper

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    I was currious about the GMX bullets as well. Has anyone used them? Both my 30-06 and .243 shoot the Hornady rounds really well so any insight on those would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Sjsmallfield,
    Used to use Hornady's GMX ammo. as my main source prior to changing over to Barnes Vor-tex. They were the best shooting bullet at the time for my rilfes; accurate, fast, ....and also expensive. But again, because of living in CA., the demand for shooting copper bullets pushed me to try Barnes......never looked back. I'm very comfortable shooting out to 300 yds., but.......with Barnes the 400 yd. mark "knocks on the door"!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been shoot the GMX in my 7mm mag. They shoot well at the range. I have not been able to test them out on an animal yet, getting tag soup hunting Elk in Idaho on the Montana/Idaho Continental divide this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have shot a number of the barnes bullets over the years and think the TTSX is the real deal. I have not shot any of the others so can't comment on them but TTSX shoot and kill well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    TSX & TTSX are both great bullets. I use TSX's in my 257 Weatherby and 338-378 Weatherby... results are consistent DRT's. I've switched to TTSX's in both my 308 Win and my 270 Win with phenomenal results both in accuracy and performance! Still haven't found a better bullet for my 35 Whelen than the good old 250 grain Nosler Partition though.
    Last edited by Grizz; 11-21-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    I have had good luck with Barnes TTSX. I have killed several animals with them, and had nothing but good performance.
    I'll second that. Not one failure in 18 years of use. The Barnes X bullet, the tipped variety is fairly recent. They work great in my '06 and my .375 H&H. They're accurate in both.