Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nomresident hunter rights

Have watched over the years. It seem that the nonresident hunter is losing his right and they is no one to stand up for the nonresident hunter.
    The Lobbyist, outfitters are make the rules. The rules say they are no tags in this unit for you!! But will let you apply for this (one) only.
    But yet, we as nonresident supply a larger % of their annual budget.

Is there an organization that represents the nonresident hunter?

If there is an organization I would be glad to donate, in the interest of the nonresident hunter. As nonresidents we need to buy our own lobbyist that represents the nonresident hunter is the only way changes will be made.

For instants (the old )to hunt the wilderness Wyoming you must use an outfitter.
    Also that can not apply for this tag, in most states 10 % in few units.

In most cases those tags are issued are used on federal lands money.

There's a large %of the nonresidents Hunter's out there that would like the opportunity to hunt some of these units. We all want the same thing the chance to hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    can i come hunt on some of your secret spots in arkansas for whitetails?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As far as Wyoming is concerned, a non-resident hunter must be with a 'guide' only in areas designated as wilderness. An 'outfitter' and a 'guide' are classified as two separate entities per statute. Basically, any resident with knowledge of the area to be hunted can get a guide license from the local game warden and accompany a non-resident to be within the realm of this rule.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What if you don't know anybody in Wyoming?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was just pointing out the fact that a non-resident doesn't necessarily have to employ the services of an outfitter, if he/she has some connections, in order to hunt wilderness. If a non-resident doesn't know a resident that has familiarity of the area to be hunted, then yes an outfitter would be required.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This issue is what's got Colorado DOW in a bind. Federal money and NR hunters pay the majority of the revenue for the DOW (I think 65%). However, they have zero say in how the Federal lands are allocated. They are losing NR participation and it's killing their bottom line. However, they will not stand up to the locals.

When it was 60/40 for draw units, I thought that favored the NR's to much. They then went to 80/20 which was to much the other way. The locals scream like gut shot yotes anytime you mention changing it to some thing like 70/30. The point creep is more than 1 point a year for NR. That's why you are seeing more tags being allocated to the landowners in an attempt to get more tags in the hands of NR without changing the to percent allocations.

The Western DOW's need money to operate. The majority of the funding comes from Federal Grants and NR fees. They're going to do whatever it takes to maximize these revenue streams. The residents don't want the NR to have anymore tags so the DOW's get more
    tags to the Landowners so they can get them to NR and get the revenue. It's simple economics.

Unfortunately, unless the residents are willing to share a larger percent of the tags with NR, you are going to see more and more tags go to landowners. It follows the money.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The nonresident has no one to represent him. The nonresidents need representation in the legislation and we need lobbyists to do that. There should be some way to organize the nonresidents.

Just think you might spend a couple hundred dollars less and have more opportunities on tags.

And I'm just not talking about Wyoming there are many Eastern states to.

Since there is no organization like this once needs to be started.

Thanks you for my Wyoming bull moose tag, 27 encounters seen 19 bull, had fun and it sure is good eating.
    Last edited by itlldo; 11-22-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    The issue of non-resident hunting opportunities comes up a lot in Alaska. Many residents push for a 10% cap on N-R allocation for all of the main species. We have a 10% cap for some hunts already.

Certainly our tag fees for the non-res are higher than a resident pays, but they are less than in many states that I have looked at. Black bear-$225, Moose-$400, Caribou-$325, Deer-$150.

Alaska requires non-res to be guided for Sheep, Brown/Grizzly and Goat. I have seen several residents push for moose to be a "guide required" animal as well.

What do you all think is reasonable and fair. What does your state allocate for the non-resident?

I seldom hunt out of Alaska except for upland birds. I do buy points in a couple states for the future. I hope to be able to hunt big game in the "lower 48" again someday but I expect to hire a guide or pay a property owner. It's tough to pre-season scout from here!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by itlldo View Post
    Have watched over the years. It seem that the nonresident hunter is losing his right and they is no one to stand up for the nonresident hunter.
    The Lobbyist, outfitters are make the rules. The rules say they are no tags in this unit for you!! But will let you apply for this (one) only.
    But yet, we as nonresident supply a larger % of their annual budget.

Is there an organization that represents the nonresident hunter?

If there is an organization I would be glad to donate, in the interest of the nonresident hunter. As nonresidents we need to buy our own lobbyist that represents the nonresident hunter is the only way changes will be made.

For instants (the old )to hunt the wilderness Wyoming you must use an outfitter.
    Also that can not apply for this tag, in most states 10 % in few units.

In most cases those tags are issued are used on federal lands money.

There's a large %of the nonresidents Hunter's out there that would like the opportunity to hunt some of these units. We all want the same thing the chance to hunt.
    Big game herds are a finite resource. What makes you think that you, as an Arkansas resident, are more deserving of a coveted WY big game tag that even RESIDENTS have waited years to draw.

The only way to increase your chances to hunt, is to continue to support groups like the RMEF, DU, Pheasants Forever, etc... As herds increase, so does your probability of hunting them. Poaching opportunity from the people that make their living in the state really isn't the answer.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The wilderness area in WY requiring a guide/outfitter is a safety issue to protect the NR Hunter. As far as federal land, yes we all pay federal taxes. Just remember the wildlife belongs to the state. Wyoming is generous to the NR, that is why continue returning every year.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member