Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wyoming wilderness law is wrong. I can hike and camp. But I just cant hunt. As a non resident I will have to pay. If I want to play. I don't agree with land owner tags in Co. Giving them more tags. To sell at a big profit is bull....................

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whether you agree with quatos or not, it still boils down to revenue. In Colorado the R can hunt a premium unit at least twice before a NR has a chance. Those units now are running in the 15 to 16 point range. The point creep is more than 1 point a year. So if you start applying when you're 30, you might draw by the time your 50. That's not reasonable. To offset the revenue flow and allow the R to keep the majority of the tags, R tags prices need to go up. Recommend that at a meeting and let me know how that goes for you. Until the R give on something, more tags will go to the Land Owners and Outfitters to keep the revenue stream up.

I had a resident in Colorado tell me to get off his mountain (National Forest Land) because they owned the animals. I ask him where do I send the bill. He said "the bill for what"? I said "for grassing his animals on land I was helping pay for". As he stood there with a stupid look on his face, I shook my head and walked off.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Raider View Post
    To offset the revenue flow and allow the R to keep the majority of the tags, R tags prices need to go up. Recommend that at a meeting and let me know how that goes for you. Until the R give on something, more tags will go to the Land Owners and Outfitters to keep the revenue stream up.
    I am not sure that is how it quite works, I could be wrong. When outfitters and landowners get tags form parks and wildlife, I don't think they pay for them based upon R or NR fees. I think they purchase or "GET" tags for a set fee per tag. If I wanted to buy a hunt from an outfitter or landowner as a resident of Colorado, I would still pay the same as a hunter from another state. The outfitter or landowner sell them for whatever they want. I think the parks and wildlife could sell them for more money on the open market ( over the counter or thru the draw) but this is a convienant way to get rid of a bunch of tags in a hurry and not have the headaches dealing with tons more hunters.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    BKC I think you're right. However, the majority of those tags go to NR. Why pay a LO as a R when you can hunt a premium unit every 6 or 7 years. When a NR is staring at almost 20, a LO tag looks pretty good. My friends and I hunted for 12 straight years in CO. We haven't been in 3 years. One of my friends and I will probably go back next year. I'm hunting New Mexico this year on an LO tag.

We dumped our points at 11. We were 2 years away from unit 61 when they changed the rules when we had 7 points. 4 years later we weren't only no closer to getting drawn but losing ground. We're saving up and going to buy an LO tag in the near future. We saved $4,000 by not going the last 3 years. The LO tag is a better way to work it than points based on the current system. The DOW knows that and will continue to lean that direction.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the resident & non-resident fees still apply. If you get a landowner tag (voucher) from a landowner whether you buy it or he gives it to you, you still have to take the voucher in to the DOW & pay for the license. Also another thing is landowners have to put in every year for tags in some kind of seperate draw. They might get more or less tags year to year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The tag still cost the same. You just don't have to wait 20 years.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    I'm pretty sure the resident & non-resident fees still apply. If you get a landowner tag (voucher) from a landowner whether you buy it or he gives it to you, you still have to take the voucher in to the DOW & pay for the license. Also another thing is landowners have to put in every year for tags in some kind of seperate draw. They might get more or less tags year to year.
    CoHi, Are you sure? If I sent an outfitter 50% down on $5000.00 hunt and showed up with the other 50% at his door ready to hunt, he couldn't just sign the tag over and I get to hunt? Your saying I still have to go to a licensing agent and pay for a NR tag? I have only hunted out of state a handful of times and it was over the counter licenses each time I went. Excuse my ignorance if I am wrong.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    CoHi, Are you sure? If I sent an outfitter 50% down on $5000.00 hunt and showed up with the other 50% at his door ready to hunt, he couldn't just sign the tag over and I get to hunt? Your saying I still have to go to a licensing agent and pay for a NR tag? I have only hunted out of state a handful of times and it was over the counter licenses each time I went. Excuse my ignorance if I am wrong.
    Am I sure??? Well... No, lol! This is the way I understood it to work. Maybe someone else on here can set us straight? I'm only referring to Colorado though. I have no clue how it works in other states.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 9 Posts
    It depends on the outfitter. I got screwed in ID with a outfitter said the cost we agreed on didn't include the cost of the license. After a very heated discussion and I was able to go into town and get service I was able to get our emails (That I always save just for this kind of issue) that we made our arrangements and he had to pay for my license too.

For me I will always save every email and get everything in writing. Also be so absolutely clear about what you are getting for your money that a child can understand. Just my experiences.

I've also had great hunts where tags and license where not included and where included. But I knew that before I gave my deposit.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Providing hunting opportunities to the next generation

Nonresidents as well residents could benefit from a program like I am proposing. They are also matters such as making access to landlocked public land.
    All hunters need representation in legislation not just nonresidents on public land access. You know the rancher and the outfitter in the have their representatives just not the West.

And this is where the heart of the matter is rancher & outfitters have their representative.

We've all seen and heard reports and I've experienced. States give ranchers tags with an allocation of public tags in the drawings. And the rest are open to the highest bidder.You are allowed no time for scouting the unit and the area is less than prime areas.

The nonresident as no one representative his/hers interest legislature. We send and spend millions of dollars to states each year.

I've hunted some great trophies unit,got some and some I didn't, but that makes the trip worthwhile. It will make me smile on my deathbed

I'm older now. I have a decade and a half of points in a lot of states I know I can choose my tags. So I don't think it will affect me much.

In some states it's a constitutional right to hunt. Vermont has one of most hunter friendly state (laws) that have had a chance to hunt

By would by the way a little footnote. I have found more prime hunting areas, talking to the women in the grocery store checkout lines. They have put me on many a Bulls and bucks. by the way don't tell my husband