Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 39 Times in 3 Posts

Minox DCM 5.0 or tines up scope cam?

I have a swarovski ATM 80mm spotting scope, and I'm looking to get something for digiscoping...

I'm looking at two different set ups. Do any of you have the Minox DCM 5.0? If so how do you like it? Would you recommend it? Is the quality good? and post some pictures please...

And the other set up I'm looking at is the tines up Scope Cam adapter... Do any of you have it? If so do you like it or not like it? Would you recommend it? post some pictures of it too if you have some...

Any info would be great.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a Tines Up adapter for my Vortex Razor HD and it is the bee's knees! I have used a Minox DCM as well, and it is not good ... especially next to a Tines Up setup. As far as the TU adapter, I have mine connected to a Sony WX1 point-and-shoot camera, that also takes HD video. This has worked well for me. Compact cameras are much smaller and more field-friendly than video cameras. All of the telephoto video in this Mtn Goat video was taken with my setup:

http://www.eastmans.com/forum/showth...tain-Goat-Hunt

The moose was about 1000 yards away. The bedded goats were about 350.

Is your Swaro the ATM 80 or ATM 80HD. If it is the standard definition model, you will see some chromatic aberration in your videos.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ya I think the best way to go is the tines up set up for sure... Did you just order the kit that comes with the base ring and the adapter, and then put it on your camera by yourself or what? I don't want to spend the $365 to get the setup that comes with a new camera, so I'm just gonna attach the adapter to my camera myself...
    And I have the standard definition model... So you're saying that my video quality won't be too great because it's not an HD?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I ordered the 37mm model for camcorders. I put an inexpensive 37mm accessory adapter on my Sony WX-1, and I was in business. What kind of camera are you planning on using?

This is my setup:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-sho.../dp/B002IPHIFA

http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-Univers.../dp/B002RBMZTE

http://swfa.com/Vortex-20-60x85-Razo...pe-P13265.aspx

I think your video will be pretty good with the non-HD Swaro, it is still an awesome instrument. I just wanted you to know that you will probably get a bit of CA in the form of color fringing around high-contrast objects, though. I noticed it often when digiscoping through non-HD/ED/APO/FL type spotters.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a Canon A2200. So you just ordered the adapter for the camcorders from tines up right? And then bought that accessory adapter for your point and shot...? How much did all of that cost you?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This the adapter for the camcorder that you bought right? http://www.tinesup.com/catalog/item/7381735/7696183.htm

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hubba20 View Post
    I have a Canon A2200. So you just ordered the adapter for the camcorders from tines up right? And then bought that accessory adapter for your point and shot...? How much did all of that cost you?
    The Canon A2200 should work really well. The best digiscoping cameras have a max zoom of 4x to 5x. I also like the Canon A series for their quality of video, and the A2200 will do 720P HD video. I think the Zuikos adapter I linked should work with the camera, but you won't know until you try it.

I bought the Zuikos adapter through Amazon for $18. I bought the Tines Up adapter right through their website. I think it was $85 or so shipped w/ tax. I do not know why they charge tax to out-of-state online customers, but they do. The camera was about $250, but you can find them a little cheaper now.

With the Zuikos adapter, it has a 37mm extension ring that I removed to get the spacing right.

Quote Originally Posted by hubba20 View Post
    This the adapter for the camcorder that you bought right? http://www.tinesup.com/catalog/item/7381735/7696183.htm
    That is the one. Their point-and-shoot adapter is pretty much for their camera setup only.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Do you have any pictures of your setup that I can see? I would like to see what it looks like. If you can put it on the spotting scope and take a picture that would be sweet too!
    Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I will see what I can do.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Alright. Thank you. I appreciate it very much!