Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: archery puzzle

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 4 Posts

archery puzzle

About a year ago I picked up a new bow (2013 Quest Primal) and have had no problems with it until recently. When I purchased it I went through a full setup and made sure it was performing just how I wanted. After shooting it all spring and summer I was more than happy with it and my performance out to 75 yards.

However, recently with the cold weather I've noticed a shift in its performance. Once our temperature started getting below 45░F I noticed I was hitting about 3 inches low at 25 yards and progressively lower. I thought maybe with the cold weather I had shifted my form and release point. After a couple days of this and after inspecting my bow for anything that may have loosened or became misadjusted (and found nothing) I decieded to adjust the sights to reflect my new aiming points. A couple weeks later after another cold spell I noticed my bow shifted low again. So I adjusted the sights again. Now I am experiencing this again. If I move my sights lower again I will have adjusted my whole sight about 3/8" lower.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing or what to look for?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    May be you are not to conscious about that moment and why is it that its only happening with you when its cold

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 1 Post
    Check your draw weight. Sounds almost like your loosing draw weight causing your arrows to shoot a bit lower than they where.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you are Wearing heavier Clothes make sure Bow String is not catching Jacket.... Another thing Before you do anymore Adjusting... Try to have Someone stand beside u or video tap yourself. Just to make sure that you are not dropping your Arm.....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    Check your draw weight. Sounds almost like your loosing draw weight causing your arrows to shoot a bit lower than they where.
    Sounds like string stretching to me.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    Sounds like string stretching to me.

That is my thought to and checking draw weights will find out if this is the culprit.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Sounds like a broken strand or string slipping.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Check your Axle to Axle and Brace height, if they are not in spec twist your strings and or cables until it is back in spec and see if that helps.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 4 Posts
    Couple good points here. I didn't think to check the brace height and axle to axle lengths and compare them to my specs.

I think I may have found my issue however. After having gone over my bow for a third time I believe I missed checking the torque on my grip the first two times and I noticed an ever so slight movement at the farthest point on the grip away from the mounting screw of maybe 1/16 inch. After tightening up I shot again and it appears my group is back to normal. However, I need to shoot some more after making the adjustment late last night.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 4 Posts
    I always hate when you have something go wrong with your bow, and it almost drives you insane, and then you find it is something as small as a loose screw. Hope all your problems are fixed so you can enjoy shooting again. There are some great people on here that can always give you some thought as to what the problem might be, and it might be something that we have overlooked.
    Shoot STR8