Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Return it and get a Knight! LOL From what I know muzzle loaders preform better with a longer barrel. Mine has a 26'' barrel. I got my disc extreme when they first came out and it has been great but honestly I have never shot any other muzzle loader so I really have nothing to compare it too. My set up is accurate and reliable and I just got the western conversion kit for it so I can make it legal in any state. What more could I want
    I considered a disc extreme but I love the simplicity of the break in half type muzzleloaders especially for cleaning the less parts. I went with the CVA Accura because I've heard tons of good things on multiple forms about them. Also heard they shoot solid lead Chronicles/ powerbelts good, for Colorado. The several states I am building points for, allow 209 primers. But if I ever decide I want to go to Oregon, Washington or Idaho I will probably end up with a disc extreme too.
    Last edited by Muleys 24/7; 11-27-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree on the simplicity of a break type and the ones you can remove the breech plug without any tools. TC's do look interesting since you can put different barrels on it. I know there are atleast a couple break actions that are legal in ID, WA, OR. TC makes one and CVA does too I think but IDK if they will work with a 209 too? The disc extreme really isnt very hard to take apart and clean. I will say the action gets alot dirtier with musket caps then 209's. It shoots Hornady FPB's well and thats what I use in CO. I shoot Knight red hots where sabots are legal. I havent tried anything thats legal in ID yet. The disc extreme is very water tight and reliable. We put mine under water for 40 minutes (literally filled the bath tub 1/2 full and threw it in) and it fired perfectly! There are lots of good ML's and many more now then when I bought mine. This one has been good to me!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sweet bro, that's impressive about keeping it under water that long and then firing with no problems. For me I definitely narrowed it down between the disc extreme and the Accrua. I'll probably get a disc extreme in the future. There is no doubt that they are great guns. Plus they're made in the USA!
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My friend that has an original disc bought the disc extreme conversion kit right after that and I still think Knight owes me a commission for that sale! lol. He said it would never fire after being under water so I had to try it! Honestly I wasnt so sure myself it would fire after that but it fired like it had been dry the whole time and that was after hunting for 3 days in rain and snow. I have seen the origional disc delay fire after being in damp weather.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    love the seeall! I got one for the CVA Apex since it has the same stock as the MR and its worked perfect.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierMuzzleloading View Post
    love the seeall! I got one for the CVA Apex since it has the same stock as the MR and its worked perfect.
    I see you are from Colorado....is this sight legal in Colorado? The rules on sights might be a little confusing, at least as I read them. I looked at See All website and it looks great. Does the sight use and artificial illumination or batteries? I have a TC Pro hunter and really don't like the sight very well. It's at my smiths' getting a trigger job and when it comes back I will be replacing the sights.

Just looked at the site again in depth and i see no batteries....guess it can be used here in Co.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 11-28-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes its legal in all states that allow fiber optics. This sight doesnt magnify anything other than the fiber optic, you still have to use the naked eye while aiming at a target. No batteries, just the green fiber optic that gathers all the light.

Some of my info on it, I still have to get in a lot more shooting to decide how well it holds up over time.
    http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com...ll-open-sights

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierMuzzleloading View Post
    Yes its legal in all states that allow fiber optics. This sight doesnt magnify anything other than the fiber optic, you still have to use the naked eye while aiming at a target. No batteries, just the green fiber optic that gathers all the light.

Some of my info on it, I still have to get in a lot more shooting to decide how well it holds up over time.
    http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com...ll-open-sights
    Good review, Have you shot out farther than a hundred yards with the seeall? I would be real curious to hear how it dose at 150 and 200 yards.
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Will be sure to give it a try at 150! I have some new targets that are white and have a 4" black dot, that should help my horror eyes lol.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im looking at this to glad you posted it!