Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the Guide Vest and Super Down coat, VERY Comfy!! Very impressed. I have a whole list of items to get yet. lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Cannot sing the praises of KUIU enough. I started out with the Attack pants and a merino shirt. Well, you can guess where that went. I've got an outfit now that meets my August - November needs and Spring needs pretty well. Merino: 185 & 230 Zip T, 2 black logo t-shirts, Guide Vest & Jacket, Attack Pants (2 pair), Superdown Hoodie, Chugach Rain Jacket. I still would like to get the Yukon pants.

As a side note I have found that in colder temps (30 degrees F, and colder) the thin lightweight Merino base layers are NOT enough to keep me warm when stationary (glassing) I have gone to wearing the following modified system. Top: First Lite Chama EXP, 230 Zip T, Under Armour Storm Hoodie (cut off the sleeves for mobility), Guide Vest, Superdown Hoodie, Guide Jacket. Bottom: First Lite Allegheny EXP, Attack Pants. I also wore my Wool Mackinaw Cruiser and Bibs over the KUIU while sitting and glassing for elk in October and while hunting whitetails in Northeast Wyoming during a November blizzard.

Again, I love KUIU but it is NOT for cold weather! It is designed for lightweight and mobility and is great for chasing rutting bull elk or high country anything early in the season. But give me my old fashioned heavy wool stuff for anything stationary and below freezing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've worn Kuiu and used there pack for two seasons now. In temperatures from 90+ degrees down to zero. A proper layering approach and you will be just fine. I don't think it will be enough for -20, but now we are talking specialized arctic gear. I really do love their gear, and there guide series will work in a wide range of temperatures. The warm weather gear I picked up last summer worked particularly well in early archery season. I use both the VIas and Verde patterns, depending upon location / season.
    I met Jason in the backcountry of WY several years ago just as Kuiu was coming out, and he is a great guy.
    llp

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been interested in kuiu gear and was woundering how durable the clothing is.I elk hunt I'm the mountains every year but do more whitetale hunting I go through a lot of brier bushes and what not and my Sitka gear is getting a lil tore up,how well does this stuff hold up?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mandrroofing; 01-26-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think it holds up as well or better than Sitka, but no clothing is bullet proof. I probably have 60+ days on a pair of pants, including some time in oak brush and the alder thickets of Alaska. No tears or significant damage yet. A few "pulled" thread areas is all. I still wouldn't recommend heading into the oak brush with reckless abandon, however. That stuff can tear Carhart canvas. Be prudent, and KUIU will last a very long time.
    llp

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Another cool thing about visiting the showroom is that Jason is always around and definitely willing to shake hands and talk hunting and gear with anybody.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Recently stopped by the showroom for a visit. Very impressed with them. Very helpful in answering all my questions. Their gear is very impressive and I will be buying some of their stuff in the near future.