Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Visited the Kuiu showroom and headquarters

After doing some research on Kuiu I realized their headquarters and showroom is only about an hour and 15 minute drive from me so I went up there today to check it out. I have bought Sitka in the past but I haven't been too impressed with their quality control lately, i.e. seams busting after very little use and pressed pockets falling off very quickly.

Today I was able to check out and every item that Kuiu has in their lineup. They do a good job of having every size of every item in their store as showpieces for people who visit them, including stack of gloves, boots, and all their packs. Everything I looked at was top knotch quality, comfort, and weight; not to mention very quiet. I also got to meet the owner Jason and his wife as well as a bunch of their employees. They are top quality people and were content to sit and talk hunting and gear with me all day. I ended up picking up some new merino wool base layers and a regular t-shirt. Next on the hit list is a guide jacket and a pair of guide pants.

I usually don't post stuff like this but I felt compelled to after the experience I had today. I am also curious what everyone else thinks about their gear and what Kuiu gear you all are using.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I've been known to wear Kuiu now and then . Their Attack Pants are the bees knees! I'm in a goofy mood today.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nothing wrong with that post I have the guide vest and jacket also the gloves love it all works great for the time I've used definitely we'll be putting it to the test thus january

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just got the Icon 5200 pack during the Kuiu black Friday sale. It seems to be very well made. I really like the design and lay out of the pockets. I put my 55 lb training sand bag in it and wore it around the house. It definitely carries weight much better than my Eberlestock J34 did.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think I was most impressed with their packs and the weight to warmth/comfort of all their items. But their packs truly are something else. I think for the guy that does alot of backpacking they would definitely be on the short list. For the amount of backpacking I do my Eberlestock is sufficient.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    I have been known to stop by the store from time to time...those little baskets have good stuff sometimes, LOL.

They have been helpful everytime I have gone in.

I am a huge fan of the tiburon pants!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was told that the guy who owns KUIU also owns Sitka gear, I am not for sure but just wondered if that was right.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The owner of KUIU used to be a partner in Sitka and they parted on unfriendly terms.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WapitiBob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Great post. Jason the owner is a great guy. I met him a couple years ago and stop by every now and then to check things out.
    I am a huge fan of their products. Because of their business model of factory direct to customer they are able to use higher quality materials on the products than the competition.
    Some people pick products based more on price than function. In my opinion that's a big mistake. Pick for performance and quality and you won't buy twice.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think a lot of people are using Sitka because it's everywhere now. But I'm all kuiu bud, I'm going to pick up a guide jacket and down vest very soon. And you can bet I will be driving up to Dixon.