Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Remote Trail Cam

Wondering if anyone on here could make a recommendation for a remote trail cam. Its getting harder and harder for my dad to get into some of the places he has his cameras and it would help him out a bunch to be able to review pictures online. I purchased a Moultrie setup and have an account at moultriegamemanagement.com, but the pictures are small, blurry and black and white. We currently use Cuddeback Attack IRs, which we love, but I don't think Cuddeback makes a remote access application.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
    If life was a thing that money could buy, the rich would live and the poor would die.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Never tried these, but:

Wildgame Innovations' 10X has WiFi remote access but only up to 100 yards.

Spypoint Live operates on GSM cell signals. It will set you back $400 and you need some type of interface to your phone's data plan, not sure of the details.

HCO has one that works with GSM but is a bit of a hassle to set up. See the reviews on Amazon.

Covert's Code Black cellular cam is $350 and I saw a good review on it. Again, it takes a GSM network like AT&T, not a CDMA network like Verizon.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Spypoint has nothing to do with your phone. They make a stand alone camera, it has its own SIM card you pay for and it requires an account through them you also pay for to look at your pics. They work well, so long as your spot is in coverage of the towers. If you hunt remote enough, they wont help.
    They also make a WiFi version, but as mentioned limited in range. If you have the money, and space to set them up, a great network to set up is a laptop in a weatherproof case, a data card, and several WiFi cameras within range that are constantly linked to the laptop. Power would be needed, either constant if its available, or by battery with a solar panel to keep it charged.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    Spypoint has nothing to do with your phone.
    I didn't say Spypoint worked with your phone. I said it takes a cell signal.

From the Spypoint website:
    SPYPOINT LIVE-3G game camera is a self-contained digital game camera that wirelessly sends photos via the cellular network. All you need is a SPYPOINT LIVE-3G camera and a prepaid data plan from any 3G cell phone provider

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    ?....and you need some type of interface to your phone's data plan, not sure of the details.
    You did say, and admitted you didnt really know. So I do know and clarified, and now you want to argue?

Here is a very detailed review if this helps. http://www.trailcampro.com/spypointlive3greview.aspx

If you buy one, they run about $500 unless you wait for a sale. They come shipped with a SIM card now so you dont need to go get one. The SIM card is provided from a company called TRU phone, that uses GSM signal, which is what ATT towers provide in the USA. TRU phone buys usage of ATT towers and the SIM card is a stand alone account that you set up just for DATA.

No interface with your phones data plan.

Once the SIM is activated and inserted in the camera, you need to set up a Spypoint account, and pay for the service of picture storage and retrieval. Spypoint is not a cellular provider, this is why it requires two accounts.

Hope this clarifies the specifics on this camera. Great camera btw, highly recommend it. It is a buy once cry once purchase, but allows for what the OP was really looking for.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I appreciate the information, but based on the review, I have to ask if it is worth $500? The flash sounds slow and picture quality sounds average at best.
    If life was a thing that money could buy, the rich would live and the poor would die.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I can't answer that for someone else. It's not worth it to me, but might be to someone with more money.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank you very much