Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I shoot a lot of BP and subs (usually APP), as I shoot Cowboy Action and shoot BP in pistol, rifle and shotgun. One thing I have found in shooting BP in shotgun is that because of the really hot combustion, it melts plastic wads and coats the barrel with plastic. I only use fiber wads now. I noticed that same thing with Powerbelts. They have the green plastic cup and I got lots of green plastic residue in the barrel. Accuracy was not good after a couple of shots. Cleaning is harder than just cleaning the normal BP residue.

I use nothing but Thors now.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I kinda wish I had killed my deer this year with a Hornady FPB just to see how it preformed. Sabots are legal here so I used a Knight red hot, which got the job done very well as they always have for me. I use 777 fffg powder because I think the finer powder burns a little hotter and cleaner. I did notice it does not burn as clean with musket caps as with 209's and I have to clean the barrel every shot with the musket caps to shoot a good group where I could clean every 3 shots with 209's. I have never used an all lead bullet because I have never hunted anywhere that I had to use them. I would get some different makes and weights of bullets and try them and see what your gun likes. ML's can be kinds picky about what they shoot well and what 1 likes another might not. I tried some 44 cal bullets one time that my friends Knight original disc shot well and my Knight disc extreme shot all over the place with them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post: