Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    Things are getting bad for sure. All we can do is Pray & keep our Faith in Christ!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    Just a few tidbits on Phil that I can remember after reading his book recently:
    *He quit the #1 quarterback position in college down in LA because he liked hunting better. The guy who was his backup and took over the #1 position was Terry Bradshaw!
    *Was asked by another coach to come and quarterback his college team because his current quarterback wasn't very good. That quarterback was Joe Theisman! Phil said no!
    *Phil was a hell raiser in his younger years and actually left his wife and three boys for several years before finding the Lord and coming home to them.
    *Has a degree and taught school for a number of years before forming his duck call business, which is now owned and run by the second boy after his oldest boy was offered the company and only wanted to work there and not be in charge. It has grown into a multi-million dollar company that is now in a new building with well over 100,000 square feet of floor space.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eberle View Post
    Things are getting bad for sure. All we can do is Pray & keep our Faith in Christ!
    Amen brother! All I can say is Phil Robertson for president!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dhershberger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    When you ask a very public person, who is notoriously outspoken on their Christian beliefs, and you ask them their stance on gays, don't act shocked when you hear their answer.

It was a baited question with a predetermined objective. A&E had no problem taking in all the cash of what has become a hit show on television, all the while knowing that this was likely the view of Robertson. They are suddenly appalled by his response?

It is funny how they forgot to mention that Phil Robertson also said this….
    “However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 12-19-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Isn't there a saying that says "Never let a good conflict go to waste"? Maybe its just a publiclity stunt from A&E.

Got to love a man that stands up for his convictions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Welcome to the Fray brothers and sisters... Christians being persecuted is and never will be anything new. God Bless Mr. Robertson for using his blessings and influence to speak truth.

And to Eberle... May the Lord bless you as well for being a minister to this forum.

"I can do all things through him that gives me strength..." Phillipians 4:13

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grizz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    People should stop asking questions they dont really want the answers too!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post
    It was a baited question with a predetermined objective.
    Amazing how interviewers always want to ask what a Christian thinks about gays, like that's one of the things that defines us or that we talk about all the time. It's often their first question.

In over 40 years as a believer I can't remember a single sermon devoted to gays. It's not mentioned any more than adultery.

What we do talk about sometimes is how if our kids or grandkids go to public school they are required to be brainwashed from when they are too young to know what's being talked about. If LGBT issues are a topic it is because we don't want someone else's loose morality forced upon our children and we object to being told to what to believe and how to think, to just shut up or else... This is one reason why all but two of my grandkids are home-schooled.

It's ironic that just for voicing our own opinions we are accused of forcing them on others when it is obvious who is forcing not only acceptance but enforcement of their morality on the nation's children. God help us. As I said earlier, we are becoming a socially totalitarian state.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Phil can drink beer at my camp any day.

I would really like to see the other family members leave A&E and hook up with another network.

It sure is a good thing that the west was won years ago, WW II has all ready been fought, we've all ready put a man on the moon because the way America is acting now we would never do those kind of things today, hell some people don't even want Christmas anymore.....their not PC.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 26 Times in 3 Posts
    The funny thing is Phil has said a lot of those same things in his sermons long before DD and even since the show has aired. There's even been some posted on youtube without the outrage. People need to just quit being so uptight.