Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 54 Times in 8 Posts
    The Robertson family official statement:

http://duckcommander.com/news/robert...CvSuS.facebook
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It will be interesting on how this all plays out for the show. They have folks after them that are against the 2nd amendment and also those that are pro gay and demanding that folks should not be able to say anything against it.

It’s also interesting, that the main focus and reason for his suspension from the show revolves mainly around his view in what he believes about the homosexeual issue. They don’t bat an eye when he talks about heterosexual sin, adultery and fornication and his openness and being transparent in some struggles of his own in the past. He was more or less stating in his unfiltered Phil way, the church and Jesus Christ is a hospital for sinners not a country club for saints.

The Duck Commander statement says much.
    “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?
    Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love you neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Matthew 22:36-40

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Root For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    This is the email I sent A&E this morning!

To Whom Ever Concerned,

I’m disappointed in A&E’s decision to suspend Phil. Not only is it his God Given Right to express his beliefs, but it’s his Constitutional Right. He paraphrased scripture, 1 Corinthians 6, out of the Bible. This is God’s word people! You need to listen, read it for yourself. Hell was not created for you & I. It was created for Satan & his followers (1/3 of the Fallen Angels). We are not welcome there. Anyone that goes to Hell is an intruder! My God the one and only God, sent his only Son Jesus to Earth to die for our sins. He was crucified on the Cross, bled every drop of blood for you & I. When the soldier pierced his side to verify death. Nothing but pure water ran out, he shed every drop of his blood for us! Our God is a loving & forgiving God. He does not want anyone to die and go to Hell. He wants us to accept Jesus Christ, repent our sins. He longs for a relationship with us. The same Savior, Jesus Christ, the King of Heaven that died for you & I 2000 years ago, is the same Jesus that will cast you into the pits of Hell if you reject him. I challenge you to open up the Holy Bible & read God’s word. Ask him to help you understand it. Only Jesus Christ can get you to Heaven. You can’t get there any other way. There is no one good enough that they don’t need to be saved. Nor is there anyone to bad that can’t be saved. If you have a black dog (evil) & white dog (good) fighting in your soul. Which one will win?....................... The one you feed, because it will grow bigger & stronger. Jesus Christ purchased my soul with his blood. He will purchase yours also. His offer still stands, I encourage you to accept him today! Do not procrastinate, time is short. We do not know the hour, only God knows. We will all stand in front of God one day and give an account of our life. You will face judgment, but there is an out. You can settle out of court by accepting Jesus! When my time comes, if I’m asked why should we let you in? I will tell them because I’ve been “Washed in the Blood of the Lamb”. Sasakwa, Oklahoma is my home on earth, but my true home is beyond the sky where the streets are gold and the river of life flows from the Throne of God. It is where the Tree of Life produces fruit for every need. My home is in Heaven, where Jesus is the King, in a perfect paradise that awaits all God’s Children that have accepted Christ and have been washed in the blood of the lamb. I’ll pray for this network & the people making decisions. I will now close with some versus that have come to me.

God Bless,
    Bryan Eberle

• Psalm 18:2- The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my strength, in who I will trust; my buckler and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
    • Job 13:15- Though he slay me yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
    • 2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.
    • Matthew 25:21- His Lord said unto him, well done thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things , I will make thee ruler over many things: enter into the Joy of thy Lord.
    Last edited by Eberle; 12-20-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eberle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Such a shame how expressing your beliefs is persecuted. Homosexuals can say any number of terrible things about the show (rednecks, hillbilly, white trash) but the second a bible verse is quoted not in favor of gays, they jump all over our asses. The LBGT community needs to be respected (depending where your from...) but they have to be able to take criticizing just like every other group.

American culture is becoming such Pansy's. kids can't win in sports, you can't say the pledge in class and now you can't so much as disagree with a persons lifestyle. Turning commie if you ask me.

I believe he should be able to express himself. As many of you know Phil r on the show used to be the exact person he was putting down. Before he found his faith he was by accounts, an abuser of drugs an alcohol, womanizer, bad father. Now he has found his faith. He's walked in those shoes, he should be able to express his experiences an views.

Rants over

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddress00 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Many people don't want to be told that there is right, and wrong, and that it is determined by God. They want truth to be relative. If it feels good, do it. Its being taught in school. People think we were not created but a product of time and chance. It's about survival of the fittest. There is no life after death. Life has no purpose or meaning. We came from mud. We will die and go back to mud. And then they wonder why kids go on shooting rampages or commit suicide. No peace and no hope, what else is there to live for other than yourself? Personal pleasure? So what happens when you no longer are having fun, just kill yourself and/or others? I believe that God created sex to be between a man and(only) his wife. But Jesus also said Christians should love both their neighbors and their enemies. Not hate or avoid. Jesus himself hung out with sinners. Be a light in the darkness, he said. In the world, but not of the world.

Heaven is going to be full of sinners. (And that's a good thing because I'm one of them.) Because Jesus is all about forgiveness. If being suspended from the show somehow leads to one person finding Jesus, it's worth it and from what I can tell on TV Phil would agree.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Never in Doubt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm amazed at how this thing has been taken so personally by so many people. Everyone is so quick to quote the bible or constitutional rights, but A&E is a business, and as long as they're paying old Phil's salary, they're going to have something to say about anything that hurts their bottom line. You wouldn't keep an employee who was careless or rude to customers, so why should A&E?
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonArrow View Post
    I'm amazed at how this thing has been taken so personally by so many people. Everyone is so quick to quote the bible or constitutional rights, but A&E is a business, and as long as they're paying old Phil's salary, they're going to have something to say about anything that hurts their bottom line. You wouldn't keep an employee who was careless or rude to customers, so why should A&E?
    It certainly is A&E's right to suspend Phil for espousing his beliefs... But, they should be fully prepared to deal with the backlash that results from attempting censor his right to have said beliefs.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The thing that worries me is what Phil said was not on the show, not on their time, it was on his property, he wasn't filming for a&e at the time. Scary to think other employers could essentially fire you for expressing your views off company time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonArrow View Post
    It's not personal for me, it's just about giving support to someone who was speaking about a deeply held belief. When he was asked "what, in your mind, is sinful?" Phil said “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.” When did speaking your mind on your own property about a deeply held belief become grounds for basically being fired? I know it's a business but why can you do or say crazy things constantly (Miley Cyrus and Kanye West come to mind) and become more popular but if you stand for what's right you are labeled a redneck, backwoods, bigot, or intolerant. People are tired of the rights of some taking precedence over the rights of others. As long as your agenda is liberal and so called "progressive" (sarcasm dripping) you can do or say anything you want. If you hold Judeo/Christian beliefs about morality and believe in absolute truth you are banned.

It comes down to a liberal agenda being pushed down our throats and they want us to toe the line and just agree with them while being told they are all about "tolerance". I guess people are tired of it and this time they decided to push back. I'm not talking about just A&E, I'm talking about politicians and especially the media.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alabama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    DDress00 nailed it. christians have been criticised since the begining of christianity but as soon as one speaks freely they are lashed out at. is it not im offended when people say you cant say merry christmas, but nobody cares. but if somebody is offended in me saying merry christmas then hell is to pay. along with anyother liberal thoughts. if ur gay, be gay but dont get pissed when i say i dont aprove. if u hate jesus then hate jesus but dont be offended when those whom do do what our ancsisters came to america for. that is why america became a country, why we came here, to celibrate and practice how we belive. if u get offended..... grow the hell up and get on with ur damn life. i dont considre myself a christian, and if christians are offended by me saying that then i guess your really not a christian. to many hypocrits amongst the people. be a good person, do god unto others, help anyone in need out and either ur a christian or just a good person with a good heart karma will reward u in one form or another. the point is..... love ur damn nieghboor cuz thats the right thing to do, not cuz its expected of u!