Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Huntin Fool Members...

I got this in my email today...

After a month of testing we have realized that our Huntin' Fool Online Forum has the potential to be one of the top research tools on the internet for hunters. Therefore, we have decided to open it up to all current Huntin' Fool members, not just Premium members. As of December 20th, all current Huntin' Fool members will have full access to our Online Huntin' Fool Forum. We hope that this will be the best research tool we have ever offered our members. Our consultants will be manning the Forum to help answer your questions and offer their knowledge. Giving access to 100% of our membership will give you, the member, a much larger pool of hunters to receive and share information with.

As a business we are constantly trying new things; however, if we see that something isn't working, we are not going to continue to make that mistake. We will modify it for the benefit of our members. If you renew for a Standard Membership, but maybe later on you draw a tag and would like to call in to get some help from our consultants, you can upgrade your membership to Premium at ANY TIME. We never want to upset our members. If you have already renewed as a Premium member for the sole purpose of using the Online Forum, please call us and we will happily refund you the $100 to become a Standard member.

So, it looks like unless I upgrade my membership I can't call in for any advise from the consultants? Is that the way everyone reads this? Being able to call in and talk to the guy's has always been part of the membership. Without it your basically getting a $100 a year magazine with information you can get from other places. I do like the lay out and ease of use of the magazines come application time but I'm not sure it's worth $100? This might have been the last straw for me and the Huntin Fool. I probably will not be renewing after this latest stunt. Like most other trophy hunting, this will go the way of the wealthy. I've always had somewhat of an issue with there OVERLY trophy mentality anyway.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was kind of disappointed to see a premium membership for $100 more with all the benefits we used to have with the regular membership minus the forum.
    Last edited by Muleys 24/7; 12-25-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I would be willing to bet that too many folks are calling their consultants who jumped ship. That has a way of cutting into profits and has to be made up somehow.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 200 dollar to talk to consultants is a joke, I'll stick with the basic for now.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
    The 200 dollar to talk to consultants is a joke, I'll stick with the basic for now.
    Well... to be honest the few times I've called and talked to a "consultant" I was pretty disappointed anyway. This last time all he wanted me to do was call an outfitter. So, for me it's more the principle. I joined years ago and for that membership it included talking with the consultants when I needed. Now that costs extra? I'm really not trying to "beat up" the Huntin Fool. I'm just disappointed in there decisions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I sent an email to the magazine complaining about the price increase to talk to a consultant. I'm not paying the extra $100 and am considering ending my subscription. I called and asked for a consultant in the spring of 2012 before applying with my max Wyoming antelope points. I ended up talking to Garth. Although he tried to help, he really didn't have much insight or good advice for my question. It will be interesting to see if subscribers will really pay the $200.