Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would go with 74 as it has some exceptional bucks and it is almost all public land with lots of water holes and huntable terrain.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ill be in 47 if we draw. First Antelope hunt

Thanks
    Congratulations
    this is sure tough.... never made it when i drew as i assumed i only needed three for the area i planned on..... so i didnt put in for a second or third choice... bad idea..
    anyway... now i have gotten another point and have 4. opened up more options. there were, it seemed like 5 areas that people posted earlier that were good... that i have enough points to draw for. 63 , 48 , 47 , 73 , 74. what is your opinion of the 5 that i listed that have the best public land access... it's a safe bet to assume that there are good bucks in these areas, but public is very important.
    thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 12 Posts
    Pull up the website mytopo.com and u will be able to see how much private vs public for each unit

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 8 Posts
    Not sure if they still do but huntinggpsmaps.com has a add on that you can buy for Google earth. It's pretty good for pre scouting

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 3 Posts
    48 also has 2 HMAs that are unlimited to antelope hunters after Oct. 8th. They open up a lot of the checkerboard in the southern portion on the unit.

Michigan's Upper Penninsula. South central in Delta Count bordering Menominee County.
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    I hunted 73 this year. Good bucks in the low to mid 70's are possible but I was unable to find anything better. That doesn't mean there wasn't better ones in the unit. I just did not find them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    I also hunted 73 this past year. Tons of goats and easy access. I ended up taking a 76" goat on the first day. The most fun hunt I've ever had probably. I pretty much have every road in that unit memorized lol, if you decide on 73 PM me I'd you have any questions. Stevevan and I hunted the same side of the unit, woodtick hunted the opposite side.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 2 Posts
    I've hunted 63 and 48 in the last 3 years. Both have good goats, but it will take time to sort thru them. It will also depend on moisture. Both years I hunted were lower moisture years, so length suffered. Get good moisture and things could change. Plenty of public land in both of them. I've posted about both units in the past, so you can search those if you want additional info. If you draw either of the two, I'd be happy to give you some additional pointers.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    I also hunted 73 this past year. Tons of goats and easy access. I ended up taking a 76" goat on the first day. The most fun hunt I've ever had probably. I pretty much have every road in that unit memorized lol, if you decide on 73 PM me I'd you have any questions. Stevevan and I hunted the same side of the unit, woodtick hunted the opposite side.
    Cobbhunts,
    I'm looking at unit 73 for this year. Did you camp or stay in town? It looks like there are only 20 doe tags issued, did you hunt bucks only? How would you rate the overall experience in 73?