Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wyoming Raffles!!!

Wyoming will be selling raffles for the Super Tag, and Super Tag Trifecta. They go on sale Jan. 2nd and the drawing will be held the end of May. The Super Tag allows you to hunt any of the 10 big game animals you choose in any open hunt area. The Super Tag Trifecta will allow the winner to hunt 3 of the big game animals. The winners will not lose any preference points or have to wait the standard waiting period after the hunt. The Super Tag will be $10 and the Trifecta will be $30. Sounds to me like its not to bad of a gamble. What do you think? I'm up in the air for this one. It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. Good way to make some needed money I guess.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Are they for sale on their webpage?

Just went to the website and read the information about them. The raffle is ONLY for the right to buy a tag. You don't get one when if you win, still need to pony up the $$$ for the tag. You get to keep any points you have and can apply next year for any species with a waiting period.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 12-23-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Are they for sale on their webpage?

Just went to the website and read the information about them. The raffle is ONLY for the right to buy a tag. You don't get one when if you win, still need to pony up the $$$ for the tag. You get to keep any points you have and can apply next year for any species with a waiting period.
    That's an interesting way of doing things... Pretty sure I'd pay the special price, to hunt any area in the state, and not lose my points!
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sounds neat, but they exclude a lot of areas for sheep/moose!

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 1 Post
    The way i read it it doesnt necessarily sound like you get to "choose" your species if you win. It more sounds like, if you win, they will be telling you what specie you were drawn for....Might just be me, but that is what i grasp from the wording. It sounds like the Trifecta you get to choose, but the other one sounds like they will be giving out 10 licenses, one for each specie, which would mean you dont get to make your own choice. . There is definitely some wording that make it seem both could be true, but i just dont see them allowing you to choose; because how many people will be choosing Sheep if they won...anyone else know more distinct rules about it?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mntnguide View Post
    The way i read it it doesnt necessarily sound like you get to "choose" your species if you win. It more sounds like, if you win, they will be telling you what specie you were drawn for....Might just be me, but that is what i grasp from the wording. It sounds like the Trifecta you get to choose, but the other one sounds like they will be giving out 10 licenses, one for each specie, which would mean you dont get to make your own choice. . There is definitely some wording that make it seem both could be true, but i just dont see them allowing you to choose; because how many people will be choosing Sheep if they won...anyone else know more distinct rules about it?
    This is the way I understand it to

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    EDIT: The winner of the trifecta will get to choose three species. The other is 10 different raffles and you have to buy a ticket for a paricular raffle/animal to be in the running to draw that tag. I read it wrong yesterday when I said the people could choose any of the animals if the won and that is incorrect. I should have known that I was wrong becasue the other way would allow ten people all to choose a sheep hunt and ther aren't enough tags for that species as it is to give out another ten of them! Sorry for my mistake.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 12-24-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looking a the rules, it states that the super raffle will draw 10 winners. One for each species. Then the winners of each species will get to hunt in any area they choose. The trifecta tag will allow you to choose 3 of the 10 different animals.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    This discussion is irrelevant since I plan on winning all eleven of the options If I was you guys I wouldn't even waste your money

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Drelk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Odds will likely be staggering. I have a simple principle, if I take the price I pay at a shot and divide it by my odds and that total is more than I can buy an outfitted hunt for, I don't play.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)