Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy - Intro

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Guy - Intro

I've been lurking on the site for a while now and thought it was time to speak up.

Born and raised in San Antonio Texas, grew up hunting Whitetails in South Texas and chasing Mulies in far West Texas. Haven't done to much hunting besides Whitetails since my family bought a ranch in South Texas about 10 years ago. As much as I enjoy managing the property, deer heard and cattle I still have the itch for western big game hunting.

Due to work I will be relocating to El Paso TX for the next 3 years. El Paso wouldn't be my first choice to move to but I am excited to be living that much closer to some REAL hunting.

My Plan:

Start buildng PPs in Arizona, Colorado, maybe Utah and New Mexico and where ever else I can afford.

OTC deer archery tag in Arizona is gonna be my first trip for sure. I'm thinking Unit 27. Anyone done this hunt?

OTC CO elk, either a southern unit in the San Juan mtns or something around White River/Flat Tops.

Sorry for the long intro! Y'all feel free to comment on my plan!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 56 Times in 7 Posts
    First of all, I have three daughters, your user name is a little concerning! You don't drive a van without windows do you?? Seroiusly, the guys on this site will get you pointed in the right direction as long as you are willing to contribute. Even though I live on the west coast I don't have much more to offer to many on this site than you. I have recieved some good info but haven't had the oportunity to test it out yet. I wish I lived in a state that had more to offer in trade, but it is what it is. Welcome to EHF

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Haha I figured I would get some comments on the Username. You don't have to worry about your daughters! You live to far from me! JK JK.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    I agree with Timber Stalker on your name! LOL Sounds like you have a good game plan. Welcome to the forum!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I would also purchase points in Wyoming, they are cheap ($50). But hunt every couple of years in region G or H, no need to stockpile points. Point creep for the "better units" in all the states you listed, besides NM, is a problem you want to avoid! Good luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I really appreciate the tip Sir. I will definitely be looking into those regions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 55 Times in 8 Posts
    First of all, the first guy to comment on your name goes by "Stalker" lol

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a good plan. No point system in New Mexico however.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Provo why do you say NM is a problem to avoid? I've never been there but applied once. Should I think twice this year ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 55 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyhunter View Post
    Provo why do you say NM is a problem to avoid? I've never been there but applied once. Should I think twice this year ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KH I think he is just saying that all the states except NM have point creep problems. NM doesn't because it has no point system.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm surprised I missed the fact that NM doesn't have a pp system. I honestly haven't done a lot of research in that particular state, as I know how few of the tags are given to non residents. Thanks for filling me in guys.