Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelly Kettle

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Kelly Kettle was mentioned in Mike Eastman's new elk book as what he takes along for a stove. That's a pretty good recommendation.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I never said I owned one at all. I just think its crazy that a hand built fire can boil water faster than a jetboil. I would love to see a video of this using actual wood found from on a mountain maybe even after a rain storm. In my experience it usually takes 2-3 minutes just to get a fire actually burning... what if you are above timber line? sorry if I sound sarcastic just trying to help. If this is product you have your mind set on then get it. If you don't want to hear peoples ideas on it don't ask a forum, just call the company.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I do like the idea of using wood and not having to worry about running out of fuel in a canister. My little Brunton is very convenient and I have never run out of fuel but I end up wasting fuel because I like to start off on a hunt with a full canister and end up with part full canisters left that I never seem to use.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 4 Posts
    are they tought to start a fire in? do you need special fuel cubes to light the kindling? how does it smoke? thinking of use inside a tent with that last question.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Smokes a lot! You would not be able to use inside a tent. Then again, I don't use my Jet Boil inside my tent either.

Built a couple of fires with mine "above timberline." If you haven't used one then you simply don't know how little fuel it takes to boil water. ANYTHING remotely dry will boil water in this thing. You have to take into consideration where these things originated... Great Britain and are still used there today for noon tea by fishing guides on the moor lakes. If you haven't been there then you wouldn't know how similar the moors and "above timberline" can be with the exception that the moors are A LOT wetter and yet somehow those Ghillies still find ways to get that little kettle to boil water. Technology doesn't automatically make things better. In the words of Henry David Thoreau, "Simplify, Simplify, Simplify."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grizz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 4 Posts
    thanks for the input. I was camped out in some extremely nasty weather this year, and the pocket rocket inside the teepee was nice. Got a fire going in the little woodstove and got my coffee going still in my sleeping bag.