Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oregon Plans?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by halfslam View Post
    I'd post a picture if I knew how or could find the link on here.
    Click on the icon that looks like a little tree in a pic frame in the tool bar when you are replying to the thread (third from the right). It will popup 'insert image' when you move the mouse over it. Click on it and follow directions from there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

halfslam (01-27-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deer View Post
    He is a non resident so he won't affect you much. How many do you have?
    16 I believe.

Thanks
    I spent so much money last year, I need a year to recover. I hunt on a pretty tight budget, and last years adventures really took a toll.

I will likely just buy points for deer and elk. That will only give us 2 points for each. not really any point in putting in for anything really good with points that low.

I will likely put in for the high cascade buck which I can hunt from my house and short weekend trips. If I don't fill it, I just hunt closer to home for a big blacktail.

I will hunt OTC for Elk likely in the White River unit. I have hunted the Badger Cr wilderness for a couple years with no success, but I really like the country. I want to work a little harder on some preseason scouting in the area to improve my odds.

I would agree with the Trout Creek being a little over rated. I think a guy can get a great buck out of Malheur R or Owyhee with only 3-4 points to draw a tag.

My brother and I have conquered Steens, and our next target for Deer will be a Snake River Unit after we gather a few more points.

Thanks
    ttt, do you bow hunt? The reason I ask is I plan to bow hunt for elk, I usually hunt alone but you are more than welcome to hunt with me if you like. The Cascade's is where I will spend most of my time.
    Last edited by Timberstalker; 01-05-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    ttt, do you bow hunt? The reason I ask is I plan to bow hunt for elk, I usually hunt alone but you are more than welcome to hunt with me if you like. The Cascade's is where I will spend most of my time.
    That is a nice offer TS!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    We hung up our bows for guns quite awhile ago. We have thought about setting up again, but haven't quite got there. If I get the cascade buck tag for on top, I was going to call you to see if you wanted to tromp around. I really just want you to tell me all of your favorite spots.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    We hung up our bows for guns quite awhile ago. We have thought about setting up again, but haven't quite got there. If I get the cascade buck tag for on top, I was going to call you to see if you wanted to tromp around. I really just want you to tell me all of your favorite spots.
    I will tell you everything I know TTT! I want to be hunting Metolius this year for deer, I'm not sure with what weapon yet. I want the muzzy tag but am a little shy on points for 100% draw, I have enough for rifle, but really want to go at them with the 'Ol Smokepole. If I don't draw there rifle or Muzzy I may rifle hunt west again. I sure hope I draw!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deer View Post
    All planned out for me I am praying that I draw my elk tag Ron's website says I have a 27% chance this year but I am predicting a little lower and I should draw my deer tag. I really wish that Oregon would have some of the easier to draw archery antelope tags before the rifle season it drives me crazy that they put them after the rifle hunts and during archery elk.
    It looks like we must have the same amount of points and same hunt in mind. Good luck! 27% seems like an actual possibility....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hulburt View Post
    It looks like we must have the same amount of points and same hunt in mind. Good luck! 27% seems like an actual possibility....
    Good luck to you as well Joe If we both draw it maybe I will see you over there.

Thanks
    I'm skipping Oregon and going to Wyoming for a truck load of antelope. I only have 6 antelope points for Oregon and I'm tired of waiting. Good Luck to all!