Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldn't do 80, there is plenty of other units with way more antelope.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    A buddy and I hunted unto 67 this past season. We went the second weekend. We were basically by ourselves and saw an average of 200 animals a day. We only hunted the northern portion due to the weather but were told that the southeastern area had the bigger animals. We stayed at a hotel in Riverton and drove to the area every day. We both killed out by the second day. Both animals were about 80". Not quite book but they looked nice and we had a great time. Pm me for more info. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Browntailguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Browntailguy View Post
    A buddy and I hunted unto 67 this past season. We went the second weekend. We were basically by ourselves and saw an average of 200 animals a day. We only hunted the northern portion due to the weather but were told that the southeastern area had the bigger animals. We stayed at a hotel in Riverton and drove to the area every day. We both killed out by the second day. Both animals were about 80". Not quite book but they looked nice and we had a great time. Pm me for more info. Good luck
    Thanks for the reply. PM sent.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Yep, thanks as it was just a typo! You live pretty close to 77, so what is your feelings on that unit? Am I in the ballpark, or did I just happen to be in a few places where the goats happened to be at the time. I know your buddy TikkaMike mentioned on another website that he favors the units down toward Shoshoni and Riverton over those near where you live both for quantity and quality of bucks.
    I actually live in 77. My wife shoots a buck here every year because she likes to hunt close to home. They aren't very big, but she's not picky either. It's a fact that we don't have the numbers or trophy quality that the central and southern part of the state does. My dad and I both apply near Shoshoni/Riverton and have taken some nice bucks. That said, I was deer hunting in 77 and came across a buck bigger than anything I seen in 67 this year, and that was after looking at a couple hundred animals. Granted, I wasn't there for opening day and a lot of big bucks get taken then.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I second what Browntailguy posted, sounds just like the hunt I did in 67 in 2011. Took a great upper 70s buck with 15" horns on opening afternoon. The funny thing is, that was the 5th buck of that class that I looked over that day, and there were several times I came around a sharp corner and had to shoo bedded bucks out of the middle of the road!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kesand72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Some of the feedback on 67 is that it is flatter than a pancake resulting in longer than normal shots due to a lack of terrain to close the gap on a buck. Anyone familiar with 67 have thoughts on that? Is it really that flat and featureless? In our group will be my 14 year old nephew who's fairly new to rifle hunting so I'd rather not have him in a situation where shots may need to be longer than usual.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Do you guys have the points to draw 67? I have not hunted it but have been near it. Some is flat but not all of it from what I have seen. I think it would be hard to have a bad antelope hunt in 67.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Do you guys have the points to draw 67? I have not hunted it but have been near it. Some is flat but not all of it from what I have seen. I think it would be hard to have a bad antelope hunt in 67.
    We should be close on a regular tag and better odds with the special license. Assuming they don't drastically cut tags or the area doesn't see a huge surge in applications of course.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Duk Dog View Post
    We should be close on a regular tag and better odds with the special license. Assuming they don't drastically cut tags or the area doesn't see a huge surge in applications of course.
    67 is about a like other areas in that part of the state. Some areas are flatter than a pancake, and some areas are broken and lend well to stalking. The good part is that area is mostly sage brush, which provides cover for stalking also (yeah you have to get that low sometimes). The eastern 1/3 of the state can be a bummer for stalking because of the lack of sage brush . . .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HiMtnHnter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good luck in the draw! I would hunt there if I ever saved up enough points.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post: