Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts

Colorado Preference Points update for 2013

I just got an email in response to my query to Colorado Parks & Wildlife about when the pref pt pages for 2013 would be updated. The answer was mid March. I'm not too happy and am going to call tomorrow and see if there is any reason for them taking so long.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 01-13-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unfortunately I don't think they are ever timely about posting that info. I remember waiting forever last year to see the results. I hope you can encourage them to proceed fastly CC.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I dont see why it takes them so much longer to post the PP stats then the others that are already up. The ones I printed from last year are dated 12/4 I think but dont remember when they were actually posted.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I dont see why it takes them so much longer to post the PP stats then the others that are already up. The ones I printed from last year are dated 12/4 I think but dont remember when they were actually posted.
    Recall the preference point stats they post are based off of information that is already available. Also, the preference points are minumum points needed. This can be misleading, as the odds of drawing with x number of points could have been very low. For more popular units you can usually add 1-2 points to what it will take this year based on what they post.

To get the real story you need to look at the recaps and draw summaries that are already posted.
    Last edited by HiMtnHnter; 01-13-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HiMtnHnter View Post
    Recall the preference point stats they post are based off of information that is already available. Also, the preference points are minumum points needed. This can be misleading, as the odds of drawing with x number of points could have been very low. For more popular units you can usually add 1-2 points to what it will take this year based on what they post.

To get the real story you need to look at the recaps and draw summaries that are already posted.
    I understand all of that. Its just alot easier to look through the min points to draw to see what hunts you could have a chance at drawing, then look into the individual draw stats for the unit from there. And they already have the info and last years draw stats are up so why does it take them so long to post this part?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I understand all of that. Its just alot easier to look through the min points to draw to see what hunts you could have a chance at drawing, then look into the individual draw stats for the unit from there. And they already have the info and last years draw stats are up so why does it take them so long to post this part?
    Thats the question I have too. Unless you have the data on how many pref points the applicants who drew had, you can't tell squat...just how many tags were available and how many applicants there were is all there is.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The stats that are up do show how many points each applicant had but then I think you have to pull up the other stats to see the tag brake down and calculate it all out its pretty complicated compared to being able to just look at the min PP's. Just dont see why they can post the other stats and not these since they are all related and they have had the info since the draw. Mid march is only putting it out 2 weeks before the draw. Eastmans gonna have to calculate it all out themselves for the MRS at this rate and then the MRS will prob be late too. LOL

Thanks
    Congratulations
    MM is right, with the info posted right now, hunt recap and drawing summaries, you can find out exactly how many people applied for that particular hunt code and how many PPs they had. You have to cross-reference them to see the number of say NR tags issued in the drawing summaries page, then count back that number of tags from the highest PPs shown on the right-hand side of the hunt recap page to see what it took to draw.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    CC, I would appreciate you getting this fixed ASAP.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree that they can be handy to get a idea of what might be in your point range. The reality is they probably just have some interns or administrative assistants going through and compiling this info. Since most state agencies are hurting for money and help, it's no surprise that they're late getting things done. I seem to remember the PP issue would come out in Feb years ago . . . To provide accurate stats, Eastman's has to look at the raw data anyway, not the preference point stats, which I'm sure they're already working on.

If you went through last year's and added a point or two to most popular hunts you'd probably have a good idea of what it will take this year.