Hybrid View

Thanks

Western Wyoming General Archery - Typical Size?

I've been doing a lot of research for quite a long time on where to go for an archery elk hunt in Wyoming. This is a huge trip for my brothers and our dad. This is all of our first time hunting out of state and are looking forward to just a great adventure.

I've looked a lot at Western Wyoming because we all like hunting dark timbered mountains. I've narrowed down some units, namely 84, 85, 86, maybe 90. Can anyone tell me what we might expect in these areas for elk numbers? Can we expect to get on some nice bulls (300")? We'd just like to get in to some good action, see lots of animals and have a good chance to get a nice bull.

Emails or PM's welcome

Thanks

Thanks
    I've not hunted the areas mentioned but have hunted many states & areas around, to date any place that holds elk will have a min of 250"-300" class bulls. This includes heavily hunted areas where both archery & rifle seasons exist. Hopefully someone can chime in & steer you to a specific area, if not a little research on elk numbers for that area can be found through the local Game & Fish Dept for the area or on line. Good luck & have fun!

ElkNut1

Thanks
    I've hunted western Wyoming since 94. You'll definitely see 260-300 class bulls. Also there are some that will go in the 320-340 class range but there not behind every tree. Here's a couple of bulls taken in 2009. THe first picture is me and the second is my buddy from Rock Springs.