Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Going into the weekend; keep grinding! Don't listen to life, listen to you dreams!
    http://youtu.be/hbkZrOU1Zag

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The new link! This is powerful! Keep Grinding everyone.
    http://youtu.be/zv5w2O0G9KM

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1 simple tip/idea is to remember if it took you 5, 10, even 20 years to put on your current weight, don't give up when after a month when you're not back at your "fighting weight"

best of luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It's getting to be that time! Great way to get a little exercise and get fired up for next year. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/gtkEKXpY5J8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Good thread!! This past season I was in the best shape I have been in in years. I started this year by getting some surgery done that the docs wanted me to do. I think in the long run it will really work in my favor. Last year my workout schedule was a pretty comfortable one working out different muscle groups each workout with some cardio each workout. I think what helped me the most was concentrating on areas of my body that were the weak links. I worked hard on things that would easily fail in the highcountry. My ankles knees and building a stronger core were my main focus. It worked very well and I hope to expand on what I did last year.
    I also want to work on my equipment and remove some excess weight by replacing some of my older gear. On top of this I learned a lot about my food pack and would like to make some modifications to it as well. Mark
    Last edited by 25contender; 02-07-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good thread Grizz. Motivation and inspiration is a good thing. I'm a big Cameron Hanes fan. I think he is gifted in inspiration and in motivation to fellow hunters who share his style of hunting the backcountry. Below is another one of his clips that inspired me. I've done the weighted pack as a training before but seeing him go uphill with 130 pounds.....?

It has me in the gym now, with one filled with granite gravel on the revolving stairs and treadmill at 15% grade. It is not close to the 130 pounds he does but he helped inspire me to push myself out of another comfort zone. I want going up hills with a pack to be more of a strength, not one that is a weakness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pvcb4bjIQo

Last edited by Kevin Root; 02-10-2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Congratulations
    KR,

I agree, Cam has a gift for motivation. Last year I did the 130lb. thing with a buddy who was training for a fight. We walked up an access road on the face of the Big Horns above Sheridan, Wyoming three days a week. This along with running and biking with my then fiance now wife, had me in pretty good shape come fall. This year has me in a workout slump. It is my first head coaches gig and I cannot find the time to consistently get in a program. However, after the state tournie is over I'll be in a six day a week regimen. Right now doing cardio with my boys at basketball practice is all I get... can't wait to hit the weights!

With that said, this weeks video. http://youtu.be/AVBdubWt4xI

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    KR,

I agree, Cam has a gift for motivation. Last year I did the 130lb. thing with a buddy who was training for a fight. We walked up an access road on the face of the Big Horns above Sheridan, Wyoming three days a week. This along with running and biking with my then fiance now wife, had me in pretty good shape come fall. This year has me in a workout slump. It is my first head coaches gig and I cannot find the time to consistently get in a program. However, after the state tournie is over I'll be in a six day a week regimen. Right now doing cardio with my boys at basketball practice is all I get... can't wait to hit the weights!

With that said, this weeks video. http://youtu.be/AVBdubWt4xI
    All good stuff Grizz, hang in there. Busy schedules, family commitments do make it harder. Each day is a brand new day. The only thing we can all be hopeful for is to strive to be better than we were yesterday and better tomorrow than we were today.

Thanks again for the posts and the thread!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey Gang,
    I've let this thread lapse a bit, my apologies! Here is a link to Train to Hunt.com and a trailer of theirs. "Keep Hammerin" and remember there are going to be ups and downs... blew up my back a couple weeks ago deadlifting and been sidelined while I heal. I'm going nuts! Gonna do some snowshoeing with the Mrs. this weekend and look for some coyotes or maybe a wolf... anything to keep in shape and feed the addiction of hunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd2JQ...DA5Kg&index=12

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ouch Grizz sorry to hear about your back. Hope you heal up and feel better soon. Thanks for the motivation and inspiration in these posts though.