Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im a big fan of 1080, just sayin

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hint to the guys who think the wolf problem only applies to the western states....the Feds are releasing the Mexican Wolf for you guys down south. Enjoy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to trkytrack2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Years ago a federal judge ruled that the Bush admin had to repatriate wolves to Northern NY, VT, NH and ME, Im a big fan of releasing them in central park and DC, thats where the "repatriating" should start.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Those Mexican wolves will be easily confused with coyotes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    The mexican wolves aint so bad. These non native monsters they released here are a problem. We actually had a few native wolves in and around Yellowstone until they introduced these super wolves that killed the native wolves. These things are designed to survive in extreme conditions in nothern Canada and Alaska so of course they did well here with much easier winters and lots of elk to eat.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    They multiply like crazy. Say there actually are 700 wolves (personally I think its atleast double since they are required to go with the minimum number they are sure there are) if 1/2 were female and those 350 females had 3 pups each that live that is 1050 new wolves each year. In good conditions they can be alot more productive then that. I dont think hunting alone can kill enough of them, especially in areas like Frank Church.
    Yeah Musket, where are Parvo and Mange when you need them??

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    I hear some packs in Yellowstone have mange and there are ways of spreading parvo!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I hear some packs in Yellowstone have mange and there are ways of spreading parvo!
    Alright...we've got a plan!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Parvo can be found at most pounds......! Lol. I cant believe how long it took for this thread to get going and then boom!

I believe in having a balance in the woods. Predators and prey. Wolves are as big a part of the predators as any animal, but they don't hunt like any other predator does. Wolves have been studied for decades before being reintroduced here. They studied how they hunted, how they bred, how they did everything. They knew how much they ate vs how much they killed...then they captured and began breeding them for release here.

Sometimes I wonder how scientist think. These animals were studied amongst herds that run in the millions, not in the hundreds. They watched the norther grey work in packs and take down 20-30 animals at a time. It doesn't affect a herd the size that are found in northern carbou herds. They were a perfect balance to the population there......

Yet because someone decided they missed seeing them here.....they figured our herds would be sustainable for them. We dont have the buffalo that once feed them on the plains, we don't have the deer living in the forests. We have subburbs, highways, and the Jones.

Our land is not wild enough to support the large herds that roamed them 100 years ago and before....but hey....lets reintroduce a predator that once did.....lets see what happens shall we?

The animal rights activists knew all along what would happen, and they played these cards ever so carefully and still do. They planned it just this way.
    Eventually enough damage happens....we wont be allowed to hunt because every prey animal becomes endangered. Wolves they knew would not be manageable once released and kept unchecked ling enough.....

They were willing to cause genocide of the masses just to get there agenda pressed before the lawmakers....yet we sat here and allowed it to happen listening to stupid science and lies and emotions....instead of fighting it when there was a chance...

Now we all see the decline in animals to hunt....and ranchers now battle a long ago problem that once was removed. Its only a matter of time and an REI tree huggers camping trip will result in a kid being eaten because the pack is starving from lack of animals to hunt.

I totally understand the need to hunt them and hunt them hard....but look at those numbers man....look at them, and try and get a reasonable explanation of them at the next legislation open meeting. Its just ticks me off the BIG LIE, the REAL AGENDA.....and politicians fall for this shit all the time.....
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 4 Posts
    IMO you are pretty much spot-on WolftalonID. To me, a lot of this is a federal agenda that is forced on us. It wasn't the individual states that wanted this and in fact most, if not all, effected states opposed wolf reintroduction.

The federal government never does as good a job managing states wildlife as the state does. We find that consistently true up here, yet their agenda is forced on us.

I too would never want wolves to be eradicated. They are here for a reason and I love hearing and seeing them. They do need to be managed aggressively to keep them in check and they do effect every other species that comes in contact with them. They are an exciting part of our ecosystem but you need to stay ahead of them or they will decimate your ungulates, even your other predators.